18 August 2009

Monument at the Bridge




Hello, this is Amorella. The photographs each day are like the white border outside the margins of a paper, a place to rest the eyes. I like this particular monument because I like to see good words perpetuated in stone. The North Bridge in reference but not seen has to do with what Ralph Waldo Emerson called the “shot heard ‘round the world” in “Concord Hymn”.

Why does Richard, or any one else for that matter, need to think about this when there is already enough for an individual to think about in terms of daily survival in some sort of civilized format and/or raising children in such a world as you find yourself living in today. The focus is generally dealing day to day with work and with friends and family.

Richard’s mind is a bridge built with whatever concepts he was brought up with and shares in common with friends and family. Bridges are built to shore up one’s personal identity. Everyone has a North Bridge and usually each individual is subject to a shot or shock in life that starts one on a new line of thinking, a new perspective, if you will.

As far as writing is concerned Richard has me as his personal constitution by his own Free Will. He allows me to speak for him because what I say comes from the deepest part of himself, from that place in the heart where words do not exist but personal intensities do exist.

His assumption is that anything I write in this blog is something he will take with him when he physically dies That is his approach, his bridge to this blog, if you will. And, like the books of Merlyn’s dreams I wrote for him this will be an addition. People say you can’t take anything with you when you die, and they may be correct, but if they are not, then he is getting prepared to take what words are important with him. The photographs are representatives that he wishes to remember also. This monument is one of them he had consciously forgotten about, but one of my jobs, as an inside friend, is to remind him of what he thinks is important as to the kind of mind he has. You have important memories too. Some are deep down that you always want to keep. Don’t forget about them. If you do you may forget you are. Look in the mirror alone and as naked as you were born. The eyes tell part of the story as window to the brain. The mind, however, rests invisibly on both sides of the mirror. That’s how I see it from in here.

People don’t want to hear this kind of thing Amorella. Like you say, people are busy. If I didn’t have the time in retirement I would be too busy too. That reminds me, people don’t have the time to sit around and ask questions beyond their everyday lives. You don’t work, you don’t even have to survive as far as I know. You are an imaginary friend like the ones I had in childhood. I like to be alone in my life. I used to like to sit in a closet at home for hours at a time. I would sit on a bench seat and kick my heels against it as I watched the light seep in under the door. In a way, that is what this is. I just relax and sit and watch and read, but it is not important to my everyday life. I have errands to run, programs to watch, books to read and people to see. A monument to an old bridge where something historical once happened has its time and place. Let it be, Amorella. It isn’t that important to anyone but me.


No comments:

Post a Comment