22 August 2009

Mushrooms on the Mind


Hello again, this is Amorella. I had Richard put this photograph in place earlier today. I wanted to see what went through his mind when I chose it. When I explain what I see from the inside out it gives him greater insight into himself, and hopefully the reader gains some insight, not only into the way this transcendental existentialist thinks, but the way the reader thinks about herorhis self also. The ancient Greek, Socrates, supposedly said there are two things that are very important in being a full-fledged human being, one is “Know Thyself” and the other is “Be Moderate in All Things”. Knowing how your human spirit is, is something really important, but even more so, when, like Richard, you are attempting to learn what it is you want to take with you when you die physically.

From my point of view, being moderate in all things is a necessity if you consciously survive death. It is a necessity in the same way breathing is a necessity in life. This is not a prelude to an argument on whether life continues after death. One day you and Richard will discover this for yourselves, and, as some say, ‘that will be that’.

You are funny, Amorella. This is one of the jokes about living that is a part of our lives. For all the talk in the world about surviving death, no one still knows for sure, and if someone is sure, sheorhe is missing something very human, doubt. If you are human spirited before death, then it seems likely you will be human spirited after death. Otherwise, being human while alive and being less or more human after death, being alive, it seems to me, would be a sham. I don’t know though more than anyone else does about ‘after death’. I have my doubts, and I assume I will always have my doubts. Otherwise, I would not be my honest self. I cannot imagine any kind of dishonesty would not begin correcting itself after death, if one survives death at all. I am puzzled about where you are going with this, Amorella. You haven’t got to the mushroom ring and I promised myself not to take up too much of the reader’s time. The reader can do that by reading the novels penned by me and written by you. ;-)

What do you think about faeries and the like, orndorff?

I was afraid of this question. I had an inkling this post would either be about faeries or angels and I don’t like to give my opinions about either. Here is the dilemma for me. If I say, what I believe, but do not know one hundred percent, as I have my doubts, I do not believe faeries are real. Are they a representation of human thought? I say yes, and in that sense they are as real as angels or ghosts. We have the nouns, the words. The words are in the vocabularies of many cultures other than those of the English language culture. The kicker here is that, for me, you, Amorella, are a product of my imagination. I say you are my internal writer, which you are. Yet, I am disturbed by the fact that you directed me (or I directed myself unconsciously) to write three novels in such a strange and unorthodox way, and that is how they are, strange and unorthodox. I wrote in a trance or if you will as in an enchantment. This is exactly what is going on here presently. My “unconscious passion to write” wells up from the deeps of "self" and spills over into words on a page through my fingers.

I did not write the books nor do I write this blog consciously, although I allow this by my own Free Will. If someone were to ask, “Is your writing the product of an enchantment?” then I would have to respond in context to the question, “As you say the word, “enchantment” I have to infer you are talking about a Faery King or Queen or wizardry or something of that magical nature. I feel that I unconsciously created the enchantment that induces me to write what I do. I am no Faery King or Wizard, so as such, there is no magic, except in the magic in the mind. Human beings have Free Will and as such human beings become what they are, not what they will be. A mushroom ring is the product of the nature of being what a mushroom is. Human beings are the product of being human. It is human nature to think magical things, to wish what cannot be in life. Why that is, I do not know. I am curious though, and if I get the chance to meet a real Angel or G---D, then I will ask as directly as I am allowed if that is possible. It is an honest question. The problem is that if I am told the Answer, then I no longer have any doubt, and a part of my humanity slips away. I would not be the human being I am. Then what? Is being human a sham? Is that the joke? In any case, the joke would be on me and my existential circumstance. Such a concept makes me smile a Mona Lisa-like smile. This is indeed funny to me. The faery may not be real, but the humor is.

No comments:

Post a Comment