30 October 2009

1947 Aunt Jemima



Amorella here. I am departing from the norm and using an old trademark taken online from > graphic-design.tjs-labs.com/pictures/jemima-day-02-01-1947-013.jpg <. I wanted the year 1947 because that is the first time orndorff consciously remembers talking to a lady on a box of food and having her talk back. Aunt Jemima was one of his first invisible playmates who was actually visible.


I remember that Aunt Jemima was very nice and asked what I was going to do for the day and she asked to come along so I had somebody to talk to. I do not remember having any close friends at that time other than older people in the family. Besides, I enjoyed being by myself. I read books and drew pictures most every day. I also loved playing in the cemetery across the street from my grandparents who lived a couple of blocks away.

This is a good photograph of Aunt Jemima, better than the one I have in stock. She was my first and really only choice for the character Grandma Earth in the Merlyn books. Whenever the  Grandma character writes I can hear her voice, usually it is soft-spoken and understanding but sometimes she sounds like Hattie McDaniel in Gone With The Wind.  Photo below: > www.whosdatedwho.com/celebrities/people/dating/hattie-mcdaniel.htm  <



This is Grandma. Richard and I have a special relationship in his pretending. I took on the Grandma persona partly out of pride on who he chose as my models of personification. The boy don’t allow me nothing I don’t want to do or to be in Amorella’s books that are legally his.


Some of the world’s got a cultural holiday coming up shortly called Halloween. Ghosts and goblins and the like. Richard don’t know much but he uses what he’s got. Can’t do no better than that in my book. I’m a mighty practical character and existed within the laws of nature before human beings ever took hold. They ain’t laws to me, they is me, boy.
I don’t flout no grammar. I speak in Nature not normally in nouns and verbs. You got trouble with that and you got trouble in your soul, ain’t that right, boy?


If you say so, Ma’am. If a person isn’t right with old Grandma, then sheorhe can’t be right with herorhis rself. That’s the way I see it, and that is the way it appears to be in the Merlyn books.

Organics clumped on a comet and took them from one side of the galaxy to the other in “Pouch Text”. Reasonable enough to have two plants grow’n out a one pot. Two plants that make their way into consciousness with thumbs and fingers attached. Seems to me reasonable to have them move up a few levels to where they can co-exist in the Place of the Not So Dead As They Thought.


Past, Present and Future don’t mean much to such individual consciousnesses, no more than they do in someone’s dreams or nightmares. A dream, in my book, is one where one is polite and respectful of Organic Nature as it is wherever it is found. By the same token, Organic Nature that takes it upon itself to reasonably intrude on Old Grandma can do so of course, but better to knock first, to think it out and to experiment first just as many already have been doin’.


No different for the Marsupial crowd in the books either. They’ve been around longer, that’s all. More time to grow. Dying’s the same though whether you live fifty or a hundred years or even average the five hundred the marsupials do. The old adages: “Know Thyself” and “Be moderate in all things,” still stands no matter what side of the galaxy you are grown on.


The Dead, still conscious, have a ‘Meet and Greet’ just like the Living do. The species don’t make no difference in here, it’s the thoughts that count, don’t you see. --
Don’t you be flippant, boy. Old Grandma knows you inside and out.


Yes, Ma’am. Sometimes it’s hard to know you’re always inside looking out.

That’s what a mind’s for when you lookin’ in a mirror, boy.


 **


She left, Amorella. I don’t know where to go with this.

Just put a period on the end, orndorff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment