10 November 2009

Gulf Coast Sunset


This is Amorella. People on the Florida Gulf beaches sometimes applaud after witnessing the sun going down. Orndorff cut the people out of this photo desiring only to see sky and water. No enhancing in this photo.


I see a purity in the mix of color and texture. Tranquil setting. I am not sure why I cut Madeira beach and the people out.

Time to move on, an old photograph popped out of memory.


Yes. It is amazing what jumps into consciousness from out of nowhere.

Time for some learning here orndorff. The subject of the artistic photograph that is still lingering and putting you off guard is that rather erotic image of Marilyn Monroe on the desert dune. She was not on a beach such as this.


I was a college kid in the early sixties. I read Playboy. Heck, I sold Playboy at Gifford’s Bookstore next to William’s Grill in old uptown Westerville. We kept the magazine behind the counter. I still remember the price, $.75 + $.03 tax. Lots of college students. We almost always sold out. Surely nothing spiritual in this.

As the content of your books primary focus was on telling your personal fictional story to G---D or an Angel of G---D, then artistic nudity shouldn’t be a problem here.


I forgot about the nudity in the books. But then there were no pictures.

No, although you wanted sketches along the way like in the nineteenth century edition of Alice in Wonderland which your Grandmother Wilhelmina Bookman-Orndorff had.


I was going to ask my niece, Karen, if she would do the sketches but you said to only use words. I didn’t mind that much, still don’t. Words will do over a sketch or two.

You are conscious of trying to lead me a particular direction here.


Yes, I am. My mind froze. I don’t know what the direction is now. My mind closed down and you were no longer there.

I’m here to keep you an honest man, orndorff. That was your criteria. You wanted the novels to be an honest reflection of your inner self.


It was the only way I could think of to write a fiction that could be read by G---D. I guess that inwardly the books and this blog are equally honest, although I am not writing this to the deity.

This blog runs parallel with the Merlyn books and the three you have yet to scribe.


I don’t see any real purpose in the books or the blogs though, Amorella.

No, you do not. You cannot always see a purpose other than the personal relief you have actually acquired through all these words out of your inner self and hanging them on the line to dry, so to speak.


Their sentenced hangings allow me to remain free where it counts the most. One could not ask for a better reward. Ha! Still, gallows humor.

So, there you are orndorff. You wanted nothing, and still don’t, and you have your freedom.


I don’t think about these things, Amorella, but you are right. Freedom in the mind is definitely a spiritual thing.

And, for you, thinking existentially allows you a path to this ‘freedom of the mind’ of yours. Yesterday’s post question is now answered.


Thank you, Amorella. As usual, I did not see this coming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment