28 December 2009

Chapter 1:9 © The Rebellion – rho


         
The aftermath of the death of a massive star is shown in beautiful detail in this new composite image of G292.0+1.8. In color is the Chandra X-ray Observatory image - easily the deepest X-ray image ever obtained of this supernova remnant. Although considered a "textbook" case of a supernova remnant, the intricate structure shown here reveals a few surprises.

Image credit: X-ray: NASA/CXC/Penn State/S.Park et al.; Optical: Pal.Obs. DSS
**
         Earlier that morning Aeneas waited patiently for the Supervisor to show. While Aeneas lingered near the outer rock hill crevasse, Apollo flew through the ancient hand of the Supervisor without realizing the fact. He stopped above the same crevasse where Aeneas stood as stone. Glancing through various directions at once, Apollo’s mind wrote, Necessity holds me hostage. I am not alone. I am never alone.
         Suddenly, Apollo saw his twin sister Artemis appear but an arm’s length away. Extensive, near black hair stealthily woven above the huntress’ four faces, each compass set on the nine cardinal directions of Olympus so that her targeted father Zeus is always in her foresight. Balance is the nature followed by her lines of sight. Two of her eyes capture Apollo and she says, “I am a translated sight both inward and outward. You are captured by me Brother not by Father Zeus or the Supervisor.
         Apollo thwarted forth, “What Good do you serve this Place Sister as you are so uninvited?”
         “Brother, you cannot create Prophecy here. I am invited not by you or Father.”
         Apollo growled, “Necessity is such a mother.”
         “I am the Healer.”
         “And, I am Apollo, who stands in the presence of Zeus. I give the Vision. I am the News. I dictate what is to be written on the wall.”
         She stood defiant. “I am Artemis, the medicine of Zeus and I set the intervention between the affairs of human beings on Earth and Zeus on Olympus.”
         Apollo firmly asserted, “This is not written so.”
       “It is written in the milk of human kindness,” chastised his twin.      “What was once done cannot be undone.”
         Apollo rebuked, “If this is Father’s doing it can be undone.”
         “In this instance,” she admonished, “our father Zeus has no choice.” Once sudden Artemis dissolved into a dark vision framed.
         This as an unexpected shock blasted Apollo’s now vacant mind. Thunder quickly reverberated throughout his very being and he considered, ‘I saw Artemis my first born twin. She spoke. Never once would I have guessed she was but a disguise. I, Apollo, god of light now understand blindness though my eyes remain forever wide open.’
***
         The Supervisor had spoken. Apollo would soon deliver the circumvented translation to Aeneas in the form of hindsight as it so pleased his second nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment