26 May 2010

Notes


        You are at Pine Tree Park as you were yesterday and you walked with Carol as you did Craig and Alta yesterday. Not a longer walk as Carol is taking now, but you are starting again. Late morning though and hot. You have learned to dismiss writing when company comes. On the right track orndorff as friends are more important than what you write. The other day you told your Facebook friends that you had so many with whom you have shared your life that you felt blessed. One former student as if all was well with you and you assured him it was and that you felt like writing the short piece of ‘thank you for your kindness’ so you did. You have not been on to ‘work’ the Internet is any real way, so today you can take the thank you off because it is becoming embarrassing to you. Strange to me that you would be embarrassed for telling your friends you feel blessed by them but I suppose you have an explanation.
         It makes me conscious of my ‘romantic’ feelings of brotherhood and the interconnections of us ‘cousins’ in human family and somehow it appears not independent and manly tough and the like. I’m sure it is silly but as it was and honest and sincere feeling I thought I should express it while I am alive and can do so. Later, if people still have consciousness after death then I can say to myself, I had few regrets. It seems better to let sincere feeling go when they are kind and polite oriented, why not? But at the same time there is a social awkwardness to saying such things in public, make one appear sentimental, which I am from time to time. Craig and I spent an evening reminiscing with my high school yearbook and a recent mostly pictorial history of Westerville published in 2004. Craig said to say hello to everyone as he was/is a friend of many people in the class of 1960. We had a good time sharing memories of how it was in the football locker rooms of that time, and still, as Freshmen, having to wear the old leather helmets out of the thirties and forties. Old friends have many shared memories, it is a tremendous bonding agent. I am thankful of having old friends, still, people keep these as private feelings, and I suppose that is the embarrassment, I share what should remain private feelings. I feel it is important to do so from time to time, but I do not know the inner workings of the whys of such revelations.
         The less private your mind, the freer you feel, orndorff. Some selfishness involved in this. Post. Later, dude. – Amorella.  

No comments:

Post a Comment