07 June 2010

Notes & opening paragraph, sc14, ch5

       You spent most of yesterday driving to Cleveland, visiting with Kim, Paul and Owen, then stopping at Westerville to visit with Cathy and Tod on the return to Mason. This morning you decided to buy the iPad 3-G for trips.
         Major decision, but it is being paid for by my own ‘guilt free’ savings for a couple of years from my one hundred dollar a month allowance. The rest of it will go to book four’s publication whenever I finish it. I don’t like to spend money from our budget for such things. When Carol has extra it goes into our travel fund. This iPad is a luxury I suppose but we are always on the go (usually in the car). I think we will find the 3-G useful. I will also use it as a backup to my MacBook, though it isn’t much for writing it will be useful for quick writing research when wireless isn’t available. My MacBook is still in good shape except for a piece of tape holding one of the seams together. I upgraded it a couple of years ago and it can probably go for another two or three years before a new one is needed. I always become attached to my laptops – always a psychological extension of mind and myself, so I never buy a new one until it is a necessity. Some people have boats and other such hobbies. I have my laptop and we have our cars to travel places near or far, for us traveling by car is an avocation unto itself, always has been. It might be four weeks before my iPad comes in which is fine.
         Carol wants to go for a walk in a bit, lower temperature and humidity and a good day for it. You have been thinking on how to construct this description and are looking for analogies to follow. Go to Jung’s books on symbols. Maybe you can download it. – Amorella.
         You have found and gathered eleven pages of material from Wikipedia on Archetypical Pedagogy. This is enough for our purposes here.
         Strangely enough, much of what I found in the material is already in the Merlyn’s Mind books. These books, without conscious intent, model aspects of Freud and Jung. I suppose this is a good thing, a kind of back door reinforcement to the concept of the books being based on my ‘dreaming with my eyes open’, but it also shows me that I am probably giving away more secrets about myself than I think I am. Rather silly and funny predicament to find one’s self in, but here I am nevertheless.
         After reading through some of the new Discover magazine that arrived today you worked up an introductory paragraph to scene 14. Post, take a break and run the errand to the bank. – Amorella.
Scene 14

         An earthly mental framework formed without Merlyn’s conscious knowledge, the inward vision of the fourteenth century cathedral at Canterbury in southeast England’s district of Kent. In life, in the sixth century, this Scottish bard, Merlyn the Druid, had once tread the local grounds of St. Martin of Tours, the oldest church in England still in use today, in hopes of speaking to the then pagan Kentish King Ethelbert and his Queen, Bertha, the Christian daughter of Charibert I, King of Paris. Merlyn had surprisingly reflected upon his arrival at the church to meet Ethelbert, this St. Martin’s is hallowed ground, but it is not Druidic hallowed ground



***
         After the news and supper you mowed most of the lawn and watched a new (to you) TV program Carol and you both like, “Lie to Me”.
         I am tired Amorella. It has been a good day over all. I feel better having begun scene fourteen. I like the crunch of material. And, although my fictional Merlyn never really met Ethelbert, it seems likely that he would have been interested to see how it was going with a pagan (like himself) married to a Christian woman. I like the idea of it.
         You made it up orndorff. One would hope you like it.
         True. I didn’t make it up though. I saw (read in research) the opportunity for an historical meeting with the king for the right reasons as far as Merlyn is concerned, though here it would be more realistic if my Merlyn were Welsh rather than Scottish. Writing is a very enjoyable pastime. Retirement is wonderful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment