25 April 2011

Notes - Anger / Honest

I woke up thinking – I don’t agree with you that the Apostle’s Creed was so important. Being a Boy Scout was because ethics are involved with the Boy Scout oath. I probably confused ‘Creed’ with ‘oath’ and diagonalized my thinking and opinion. I was not being all that mature, I was mostly angry because I was in a situation I did not want to be in. That’s much more like my character.

**
Scout Oath
On my honor, I will do my best; 
To do my duty to God and my country;
 To obey the Scout Law;
 To help other people at all times;
 To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.
Scout Law
A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent. The original version by Lord Baden-Powell had only 10 points to the Scout Law (the last two of the BSA version were added when the BSA was founded).
From Wikipedia
**

         Wow. I haven’t seen these for years. Talk about ethics. I don’t always do my best. Duty to God and country meant to obey God and obey the laws. I was/am not a good Boy Scout. I’m sure I was more conflicted with this oath and law. Morally straight would have involved avoiding the seven deadly sins completely.

         No, I didn’t realize the differences between being a good Boy Scout and being human. That was the conflict. I could never equal a good scout because I took these words literally. The ‘Creed’ just added to the misery and my lack of ability to be good. No one else seemed to have this conflict, I do remember that.

         Everyone grew up with ethical conflicts of one kind or another. You grow up though and forget all about it. Indifference. How else to deal with it. Shoot, I forgot the oath and the law. The world is not made for such oaths and laws. Nature certainly doesn’t follow them.

         Therein lies a greater conflict, old man. One that becomes a part of what you are – still angry. Post. – Amorella.  




         Safely home before twenty-three hundred hours. Only thing forgot was Carol’s book and my phone. We’ll survive.     

         You added “amen” after survive. I took it off as inappropriate. Tomorrow, dude. – Amorella. 

          I didn't mean it literally. 

          You really did not mean it at all, boy. It was just for a left over flavor or flare. Got to keep you honest, my man. - Amorella. 


No comments:

Post a Comment