26 October 2011

Notes - a journal entry


         1318 hours. It was an interesting morning. I misspent money and bought a Kroger glucose monitoring system instead ($4.00 v. $18.00) so I have the old one to take back as I haven’t used it. I did play with a lancet though so I’ll have to keep those. Of course the Kroger lancets fit only their machinery so I’ll use what came with it (did my first test late morning instead of early), then I’ll just poke myself with the One Touch lancets. I already tried it and poking your finger to draw blood is not really all that complicated. The measuring inserts cost the most and Kroger’s are half the price of One Touch at $18.00 for fifty, so this is going to be more expensive than I thought. I got two free apps: Glucose Buddy 3.6.5 and Calorie Track, both of which are awesome. Calorie Track has all the food calories in it  (ready to punch in) – from most every national brand grocery store products to about every chain restaurant in the United States, some that are only in certain states. I thought I might as well work on both. So, I have another reason for my iPad.

         You just had a late lunch of a healthy piece of leftover meatloaf, one of your favorites, 294 calories on fatsecret.com.

         Bedtime. Busy day getting oriented to this new lifestyle for a while or perhaps longer. You had three blood tests and you counted your calories for the first time since you worked your weight down for the lap-band surgery in 2004. As of today you have kept 96 pounds off since then.

         I have had to run several errands today. Tomorrow we get up early and take Carol to the outpatient hospital of Bethesda North. In at seven-thirty, home by ten-thirty at the latest. None of this appears to have anything to do with writing.

         You have an afternoon appointment next Monday with the nephrologist over in West Chester, not more than five or six miles away. You were told it might take a month to get in so you are feeling ‘lucky’ about that. Get some sleep. Back to more of a regular routine tomorrow. Post.  -  Amorella.


No comments:

Post a Comment