29 December 2011

Notes - connections

        Mid-morning. You had a bath, quick breakfast and drove to Maryanne’s at Quick Clips for your haircut and beard trim. Once home you even cleaned your old beret, a very rare occurrence.

         I have been thinking about the open windows and doors in my mind. It is good not to have them too far open. To do so appears to border on madness. That’s my take on the ‘event’ that stirred up “The Grave Digger”. I have a photo of that tree looming out over the gravedigger’s head while he stood working on the raw earthen floor of that grave. It was my first grave, the one where I took a nap when I finished trimming and cornering the sides. I took the photo about ten years ago while lying down on the gravesite. Same tree limbs outspread.

         You completed your dumbbell exercises and have the treadmill to do. – Amorella

         I will do what I did yesterday. Weighing myself early today I discovered I was at my exact weight (naked) as I was before we left. So, today I put the weight in the app. I cannot see putting the weight in if it is more. Nothing to gain from that – I would already have the insight. How much do I weigh? Dare I put it down? Why not, 291.4. Not bad when in 2003 I weighed 400.0. In high school (1958) I weighed 234 when I played football. When I was a week old I weighed 2.1 pounds and was losing weight – a lot of poundage between then and now. Blood sugar is lower on average but nothing to write home about. I’ll wait until the late January appointments with both doctors. The mail is arriving. Then to the basement for the walk on the machine.

         Time for bed after a busy day. You are excited as you found your old friend Doug and you are related, a shared Scottish grandfather of some time ago – Malcolm III, you by his first wife, and Doug by his second wife. 

         Doug and I have been friends since the third grade. It is amazing to me. I am related again by an ancient Scottish grandfather to Fritz M. my old high school friend.

         You are to be up early as you want to be in Cleveland by noon. Later, dude. - Amorella


No comments:

Post a Comment