26 May 2012

Notes - day to day / Lesson Two / Lesson Three / an afterthought

         Mid-morning. You picked up the mail and are waiting for Carol at Kroger’s on Tylersville. After nine you will pick up the bedroom shade and hang it. Tim had mowed and all looks well at home. You bought a paper and have it read. Here comes Carol.

         You had a nap, then lunch at Potbelly’s in Kenwood and now you are waiting for Carol at the south lot of Macy’s on a very warm late May afternoon. Carol is all for a nap herself once home.

         I don’t have much on mind, Amorella other than I think I’m going to enjoy learning about the soul first as it appears first, but perhaps higher consciousness should be defined first. It seems best to start with definitions. Although when I look over a posting someone has read for the day, I discover that you have used analogies before and I do not have them documented in any kind of order as far as heartansoulanmind are concerned. What should I do here?

         Let’s begin fresh as this ‘unit’ is from a broader perspective which may be used in the books (which is what the earlier note materials are about). You need to have a foundation beginning with heartansoulanmind from the perspective of an outsider such as the alien AC. Your old storyteller friend-in-arms, Joseph Campbell, the mythologist once suggested that there needs to be a new mythology for the modern age. So, why not begin with that assumption, only we are also including a ‘higher consciousness’ that is apart from the human bio-chemical perspective. It may be a ‘reach’ but why not? What do you think? – Amorella

         That’s fine. I have not thought about Campbell for a while. I remember the episode I used to use in class where he speaks of this – it concludes with a image of the earth (from space) and he mentions there are no borders, etc. in the image. I liked that. It is presumptuous of me to attempt such a field as metaphysics, but then Braided Dreams, Running Through, Merlyn’s Mind is fairly presumptuous also, as well as conjuring up a fictional ancient and a modern rebellion in HeavenOrHellBothOrNeither. Maybe it’s arrogance. I don’t know, but using imagination to think on new human perspectives doesn’t appear immoral. I just don’t want to be writing for the wrong (moral) reason. – rho

         And so lights your false pride with a shot of arrogance to boot the reflection. – Amorella

         Someone once said the road to hell is paved with good intentions and I see some truth in it.

         I assure you, boy, the only intention here is to enlighten yourself with a stronger sense of human mythology, of human projection through storytelling. – Amorella

         I am too cautious.

         You have good reason. – Amorella

         I am in full understanding of your point. The experience was real enough.

         And for months too, boy. A lesson in the real world you will not too soon forget. Drop in “Higher Consciousness” from Wikipedia Offline, that will do here. I will do the adapting and editing – non-denominational; this definition is philosophical in spirit and without a specific religious affiliation. - Amorella

** **

Higher Consciousness . . . refers to spiritual awareness or knowledge. Evolution in this sense is not that which occurs by natural selection over generations of human reproduction but evolution brought about by the application of spiritual knowledge to the conduct of human life, and of mental proficiency brought about by spiritual practices. Through the application of such knowledge to practical self-management, the awakening and development of faculties dormant in the ordinary human being is achieved. These faculties are aroused by and developed in conjunction with certain virtues such as lucidity, patience, kindness, truthfulness, humility, and forgiveness towards one's fellow man – qualities without which, according to the traditional teachings, higher consciousness is not possible.
Edited and adapted from Wikipedia Offline for use as a general definition of higher consciousness in relationship to Amorella’s systematic metaphysical concept: heartansoulanmind.

** **

         I find this adapted definition from Wikipedia acceptable for my personal use and feel better employing it as a systematic building block to Amorella’s metaphysical heartansoulanmind concept.

         This is a personal internal working study, orndorff, and it may be amended.  – Amorella

         Your comment directly above strikes me as a weakness.

         This is because you want something written in stone even though you [humans] are not so nearly hard written yourselves. From my perspective the closest thing to such a styled stone writing is your name on a gravestone. Capiche? This ends Lesson Two. Post. - Amorella





         Later. 2015 hours. Carol and I watched the last of the year episodes of “The Mentalist” and ABC News and had a hamburger, veggies and fruit for supper. She is presently getting caught up on “The Firm”.

         I have never written “capiche” before in my life. Certainly never in any notes or postings. It boggles my mind sometimes, but that is the last word that popped out. And, I had no idea Lesson Two was over. I ‘heard’ the “Capiche?” in my head – sounded like it came from an old gangster movie or even an old “Seinfeld” episode.

         You know, Amorella’s comment about a possible amendment to the definition of Higher Consciousness still sounds like a weakness, like she is unsure, or worse, it is me internally unconsciously hedging my bet. That’s what I was thinking – ‘I am making this up as I go along and I am hedging my bets,’ that is exactly what made me write it down. It was “me” being the weakness, not Amorella.

         And that is what you didn’t get at the time; the anger was misdirected towards me and therefore it was false in context. – Amorella

         How do I correct this oversight, this misdirected anger at the moment it happens, Amorella?

         You are leaning towards false pride, boy, towards being better, towards being ‘more’ perfect. – Amorella

         Self-punishment is learned just as punishment for or out of guilt is learned. It is instilled by many traditional cultural sources with initial good intentions. – Amorella

         You want to ask: “What can be done about it?” but you are afraid of the traditional response not the radical one. – Amorella

         The traditional response generally brings about a radical response that the survivors end up paying for one way or another. Violence. Revenge. Something to that effect. World War II comes to mind. We like to kill the pig then we eat the bacon. So much for scapegoats.

         Think about this just above, a traditional orndorff response. Next you’ll evoke the Communist Revolution, The Lord of the Flies (which was the initial thought that lead to ‘kill the pig’ then [We like] then [eat the bacon] . . . that was the thought’s original construction.

         Nothing new is there. How depressing.

         You need to realize the chains that imprison your humanity. – Amorella

         The soul is not imprisoned, is it?

         “Imprisonment” is not a word in the soul’s figurative vocabulary. – Amorella

         How does the soul ‘see’ the human heart?

         Let’s end Lesson Three by rephrasing the question: How does the soul exist? Leaving among other things such as the heart, out of it. – Amorella

         This is a jump into the deep end of the pool, Amorella. (2100)

         As usual, you have no idea, boy. Post. - Amorella


        1048 hours. An Afterthought. I had a long soaking bath then sat down and read what Wikipedia says about the “soul”. I do not pretend to know any of that material. The subject of the definition of a soul is mind-boggling. I am not a philosopher I only took one class in philosophy in graduate school, none in undergraduate. I cannot imagine where Amorella is coming from or what she will talk about. I am like a fellow who is talking about jumping into the deep end of the pool without his having the tiniest bit of knowledge of what water is.

         What you say is indeed true, boy, you have no real idea what a soul is; you only know in general what other notable human beings say it is or what it is not. Post. - Amorella

No comments:

Post a Comment