29 May 2012

Notes - wkg on Lesson Six / diversion / hope for more forest than trees

         Mid-morning. You had a good drive to University Heights, took a nap, while Paul barbecued a rack of ribs for each as part of the main course for an excellent supper. A bit of conversation, you skipped the chocolate pudding pie and went to bed. Later, dude. – Amorella

         1226 hours. We drove to Target, the nearby new McD’s for drinks and down to West Fairmont for the On the Rise bakery and a Jennifer cookie each. Down to Chagrin Blvd and east to the Barnes and Noble for a copy of “Cleveland Magazine” and Trader Joes for Kim’s special request for chocolates at the Eton Shopping Plaza (where we once had good burgers at Brats). Drove back on Richmond Road, right on Silsby and returned to Traymore Road – a  pleasant little road trip. 1300 hours. After four hours Brennan feels it is time for a feeding.

         You are feeling guilty because sitting in the chair for the last thirty minutes was not the least bit boring. And you were learning stuff online in the process, so why the guilt? – Amorella

         I am not doing anything. The old “Puritan work ethic” is a driving force of almost continual low-level guilt. I used to be embarrassed in summers when not teaching – like I should have a second job to keep busy. Such is life in the United States. No rest for the wicked, that ‘s what people I know have always jokingly said as I was growing up – a dark humored joke as if one was never sure whether sheorhe was wicked. That’s the way I always took it. 

         I am beginning to be much more aware of how deeply culture is embedded in my basic psyche. One cannot free oneself from this without losing herorhis personal identity. Evidently, in this sense, it appears to me (at the moment) that the heart and mind buffer the soul, somewhat protecting it from the battering in/of the real world. If this is the case then it seems reasonable that the soul (while at the periphery of this world) needs the heart, then the mind (as the outer shield) in this world as much as the heartanmind need the soul in the non-physical world.

         This is a reasonable assumption in context. There is a balance shown in your thought and given reason why there is no “middle” as far as heartansoulanmind are concerned. – Post as we are in Lesson Six which is still focused on how the soul exists. - Amorella

         I realize this is solely from my perspective and thus not a generalization, but it does help clarify why heartansoulanmind are connected.

         If others understand your observations here then it is also a generalization within the said metaphysics. Keep to the objectivity as we move along – expository writing is a necessity within these Metaphysics lessons. – Amorella

         This is really interesting to think on. It is like I removed a bit of darkness from the metaphysical glass. No. I should not have thought this. It is prideful and besides it is not true. You are setting the path for my thought here. – rho

         Keep this as a reminder of how human beings are. You are not alone in this kind of thinking. Knowing next to nothing and being blind have a lot in common. In such a circumstance personal insight and not outside sources such as Wikipedia become more valuable. Relax, have something healthy for lunch. - Amorella



         You had turkey, cheese and fruit for lunch and are thinking about doing your exercises. A few minutes ago you sent Doug the first five lessons, and who with his PhD in physics and thus a scientific mind, should be of help with the expository metaphysical content as he has been with the science in book four. As you have decided to keep these lessons in a separate booklet let’s do it right by beginning with an introduction and preface and putting the lessons in order from the first forward. For now put the entire post in and begin the preface with the 23 May posting. As this work is making you ‘more content’ mention your Muse and the little story about “Are you content?” at the beginning out of respect for the lady and how she has influenced your writing life over the last ten years at least. – Post. – Amorella

         I like to be organized Amorella. I am enjoying this diversion and hope I can put it to use in the last three books. 



         After supper and Owen’s bath – everyone is in the living room while Owen is watching the conclusion of “Cars II”. Later, Owen is up to bed with Daddy Paul reading him a story or two. Quiet is returning as the television is finally off for the evening. That’s it until tomorrow, orndorff, when we continue with lesson six. Post. – Amorella

         How did you know I was not ready to continue tonight? (I thought I would be.)

         Today’s lesson was too good to be real, that is, your energy was renewed with possibility that this lesson business was going to be cool, cool and imaginative enough that you are now timid about sharing it; then of all things, that you are/were finally out of your mind and don’t want anyone to know – ‘I’ll just shut up and go along – no one need know my thoughts – it’s just as well that human beings can’t read minds’. What do you say to this, orndorff? – Amorella

          Nothing. I am willing to share on this blog, but it is not without offline reflection. I enjoy what I do just as I enjoyed teaching. I enjoy learning or in this case, attempting to learn how to think broader. I cannot imagine what else a mind is for but thinking broader. How else do you open personal vistas? I have no choice but to continue if I am to be what I am, an individual member of the species, homo-sapiens. We are all homo-sapiens. Heartansoulanmind is a part of what we are in my estimation, even if it cannot be proven scientifically. I enjoy thinking out the concept in a fuller sense -- and maybe though imagination seeing a bit more forest than the trees, at least for myself. - rho

         Post. - Amorella

No comments:

Post a Comment