01 June 2012

Notes - Lesson Seven - B: a flash and twenty / Doug G./ Carlo Rovelli / intro / subjective reality

         Mid-morning. You were awake between four and six, which presently feels like it was a day or so ago. When you were awaken by Owen this morning (short awakening as when you were giving Owen a hug he suddenly realized his small blue bowl was out of Teddy Grahams; then promptly, he and his family entourage headed back downstairs; he did say, “Bye, bye, Papa” on his way out of the room) you too realized (in the immediate silence) that reality (to you) is full of separate points.

         It is. I am coming to the conclusion that I have to include in this metaphysics my own observations in life. I want to be as objective and detached as I can be, but my reality is real within whether others can accept this or not is up to them, but to say, “orndorff, thinks it is real enough that he believes his senses down into his heartansoulanmind, then that is where he is coming from as an existential transcendentalist in his books and blogs.” This is awkward and I hope detachable.

         Take a break, old man. – Amorella

         0954 hours. Early this morning I flashed on several ideas, one after the other within seconds or a few minutes. Here they are in order: 1, Land of Substance; 2. Meaning of substance; 3, Dance (Amorella and myself); 4, Being and non-Being; 5. Enrichment; 6. Essential; 7, most Vital; 8, On and Off; 9, Full and Empty; 10, Full of Contentment; 11, Meaning; 12, Purpose; 13, Full of Spirit not Life; 14, Attendant arrives like a thought arrives; 15, Attendant arrives from an emptiness, from a hole in the heart; 16, the Oscillation of on and off allows spiritual energy to “appear” in physical reality; 17, This is how AC protects herorhimself – in the Dance; 18, The reason spiritual manifestations have an electric-like green glow, as seen within the aurora borealis; and, 19, like being struck by a thought as if it were a lightning bolt. Perhaps ten minutes later one more thought hit me: 20, Quantum Entanglement.

         See, orndorff, you did come up with something. All you need to do now is put it together and form an hypothesis with which we can work – the conclusion of which, for now, will be placed values for basic ‘thing’; nouns – such as form; substance; process/movement; and atomics. Post. - Amorella


       Last night I received a positive note from Doug who asked his own question about the soul. He gave me the boast of confidence-in-direction that I needed. What would I do without my old friends?




         1126 hours. I have been playing on the floor blanket and jungle and attending young Brennan for a bit. Presently he is lying in his swing with his ever trusty pacifier. Carol has been washing and drying her hair and is now working on clothes in the basement. Almost time for me to get a shower and get cleaned up as we are out to dinner at Five Guys and Fries tonight. Oops, lost pacifier. – turns out it is almost time for his lunch.  (1132)

         1421 hours. Back from a drive about the beautiful homes in Shaker Heights and McD’s for drinks and a Jennifer cookie each from On the Rise on Fairmont. Brennan is still asleep after his last noonish meal.

         About two hours ago you read the new Edge #369 article (conversation) on Carlo Rovelli’s “Science is Not About Certainty: A Philosophy of Physics” and feel some of the content is aprapo to our own conversation on metaphysics and the heartansoulanmind. Include the selections here:

** ** **

From: edge.org   [Rovelli’s “Science is Not About Certainty: A Philosophy of Physics]
Introduction by Lee Smolin 
Carlo Rovelli is a leading contributor to quantum gravity, who is also made influential proposals regarding the foundation of quantum mechanics and the nature of time. Shortly after receiving his Ph.D he did work which made him regarded as one of the three founders of the approach to quantum gravity called loop quantum gravity-the other two being Abhay Ashtekar and Lee Smolin.
**

CARLO ROVELLI is a theoretical physicist, working on quantum gravity and on foundations of spacetime physics. He is professor of physics at the University of the Mediterranean in Marseille, France and member of the Intitut Universitaire de France. He is the author of The First Scientist: Anaximander and His Legacy; and Quantum Gravity.
** **
Selections specifically from Rovelli's article:

First, science is about constructing visions of the world, about rearranging our conceptual structure, about creating new concepts which were not there before, and even more, about changing, challenging the a-priori that we have. So it's nothing to do about the assembly of data and the way of organizing the assembly of data. It has everything to do about the way we think, and about our mental vision of the world. Science is a process in which we keep exploring ways of thinking, and changing our image of the world, our vision of the world, to find new ones that work a little bit better.

**

Science is not about certainty. Science is about finding the most reliable way of thinking, at the present level of knowledge. Science is extremely reliable; it's not certain. In fact, not only it's not certain, but it's the lack of certainty that grounds it. Scientific ideas are credible not because they are sure, but because they are the ones that have survived all the possible past critiques, and they are the most credible because they were put on the table for everybody's criticism.

The very expression 'scientifically proven' is a contradiction in terms. There is nothing that is scientifically proven. The core of science is the deep awareness that we have wrong ideas, we have prejudices. We have ingrained prejudices. In our conceptual structure for grasping reality there might be something not appropriate, something we may have to revise to understand better. So at any moment, we have a vision of reality that is effective, it's good, it's the best we have found so far. It's the most credible we have found so far, its mostly correct.

**

So summarizing, I think science is not about data; it's not about the empirical content, about our vision of the world. It's about overcoming our own ideas, and about going beyond common sense continuously. Science is a continuous challenge of common sense, and the core of science is not certainty, it's continuous uncertainty. I would even say the joy of taking what we think, being aware that in everything we think, there are probably still an enormous amount of prejudices and mistakes, and try to learn to look a little bit larger, knowing that there is always a larger point of view that we'll expect in the future.  
  
From: Edge #369 – edge.org
** ** **

         Along with friend and scientist Doug Goss’s thinking I feel confident in continuing even though the focus on heartansoulanmind is not specifically scientific. Perhaps a theory can be created; at least as far as the Merlyn books are concerned.

         You are ‘fudging’ here, orndorff, by suggesting that even if a theory could be worked up it is still “in a fiction”. – Amorella

         I am neither a philosopher nor a scientist, Amorella, and you know it. I have a tendency to get carried away when a ‘new’ concept comes up (at least new to me). Best to downplay it all while I’m ‘puttering’ through this. It is fun though, it really is. Nothing like putting the mind to work – to me it is far better than watching and enjoying entertainment in the real world – nuts and bolts stuff even if there are no nuts and bolts.

         Take a break, boy, as it is exactly mid-day from your perspective. Post. - Amorella




        Mid-afternoon. You are beginning work on your morning “flashes” and after you listed them vertically I suggest that you begin with: 1, the Dance with Amorella; 2, Being and non-Being; On and Off; 4, Full and Empty; 5, Full of Spirit not Life; 6, Oscillation of On and Off in Manifested Spiritual Energy; and 7, Quantum Entanglement. – Amorella

         Thank you for your advice, Amorella. You are correct; I can see how these seven flow together before tackling the others. What an initial help. - rho

         These seven will do for Lesson 7 – B. We will work on the others tomorrow (as nature permits) for Lesson 7 – C. - Amorella

         Paul arrived home and mentioned that when Kim brings Owen home you will go to Five Guys Burgers and Fries early since it is Friday night. He went up for a short nap and you are watching Brennan who was recently fed. 

         You have been working on an opening paragraph, which should be added now and posted, as Kim may roll in any time. Also, I note your sudden anxiety that someone might lift this material as herorhis own as this is new stuff, at least to you. Let me assure you, boy, that this is not going to happen, primarily because you have enough witnesses to show this is your work (with perhaps some scientific/moral advice and/or guidance by your friend John Douglas Goss). Though something is shared it does not mean; it is not owned by both of us though it is legally under your ownership. – Amorella

         It just popped up, Amorella. I did not expect your comment, but thank you, your comments relieve anxiety. The world is full of all kinds of people who will do things for all kinds of reasons. It is silly of me in that all this is related to series of fictions, but I am not so trusting – lived too long, seen and heard too much. – rho

         Here is your opening paragraph at present:

** **
         Reality is primarily what I have consciously observed and felt first hand. My observations are soberly witnessed, selected life events are not completely objective, but they are firsthand, and from my perspective, empirical evidence demonstrating that the basic humanity of our species (and perhaps other highly conscious oriented species) is synthesized in spiritual trinity that I call the “heartansoulanmind”.
** **
         Post. - Amorella



         On 4 February 2011, “Notes – A Remembrance of the Mystical” I described one of the most important selected events in my life because my perspective was changed to the point where I began to realize I was a “transcendentalist” by unique personal experience. Otherwise, I had no explanation for the spiritual-like experience. (I was then and now an agnostic. This is not a contradiction.)

***

4 February 11 – Notes – A Remembrance of the Mystical

        “ Doug sent you an email, an article on Near Death Experience and the ‘mystic’ sense of being at one with everything. You told him you did not think you felt that experience, and from in here you have not. Your mystical experiences are based on a oneness with me, orndorff. Funny, huh? – Amorella

         I believe it because my sense of the mystical is being separate (yet somehow feeling connected with a mystical being). I don’t know when I felt it the most.

         When we danced, orndorff, when you thought I was an Angel of G---D or G---D.

         The thought at the time (in 1988) was deeply felt and I suddenly surmised I was out of ‘space’ and ‘time’ and ‘did not exist in a body’, yet I had a body nevertheless and I got up from the couch in the finished basement (about eleven at night) and I put my right hand somewhat high in the air (though the bi-level we lived in on Majken Place in Mason had a low ceiling) I danced a little jig for a short period; the music I danced to was “Hava Nagela” or something similar, something Jewish. This was a surprising sense of being nothing and yet still being. I was dancing within an invisible Angel. That is the only thing that came to mind. I have, at times, wondered on this subjective experience (though somewhat objective experience to me also). I ‘caught’ a sense of what it would be to be dead, to exist without a body. That is what the experience was in my heartansoulanmind at those moments. That is the most mystical experience I have ever had and it rolls between some of the lines in the Merlyn books. I know this. It was an authentic experience no matter how it was induced. This was not the same as an hypnotic experience because I was within something else, I was surrounded by an angelic-like being. 

             I wondered afterwards if it were G---D, then I thought that would be blasphemous to think on, so I dropped the sense of the being down to ‘an Angel of G---D’. Today, I have, in all these years, downgraded it into something I can understand and have some intellectual identity with, you, Amorella. I do not say this with the intent of disrespect as I do not know what you are or if you are ‘real’ in the sense of the physical universe as we understand it presently. One can never know these experiences for sure (that is to what the experience actually was). I never lost my ability to doubt. I was allowed to remain comfortable in that sense. I still had a sense of Free Will because of it, I never lost my humanity, (I never had a sense of a presence of Evil because I was allowed my Free Will), I never became One with the universe or anything similar. I appreciated that at the time and still do. I gained from the experience even if it was self-invented. People can think what they want. I don’t care. This is how I remember it. – rho

         Indeed, it is. Post, orndorff. – Amorella.”

Passage selected from Blog Posting: 4 February 2011 – “Notes – A Remembrance of the Mystical”.
***
         Today I can read this and better realize the experience was set and induced within my cultural framework and background. I never had an experience like this before or since. This shows me the human mind is extremely powerful, just as Dr. Payne suggest during the times I was hypnotized in his office at the University of Cincinnati in the mid-nineteen eighties.

         During the singular mystical experience I sensed I existed and did not exist at the same time. I ‘understood’ this is a possibility because I experienced it to the point it was real enough to be accepted as real from my heartansoulanmind according to Amorella.

         I concur. It was real enough for Richard to feel completely honest about the event’s (subjective) reality. – Amorella. (For what it is worth, the event is real from my perspective. Richard did indeed dance for several seconds, moving in a tight circle from left to right while holding his right hand above his head as I held his right hand.)

         I do not remember the direction but I did have my hand above my head and it was a tight circle. The dance lasted several seconds. I felt I was surrounded by a Presence, a spiritual Being, an Angel as I could think of no other being but G---D being Present. Yet, I still had doubt, but not enough not to dance. I existed and did not exist yet even while not existing I existed. The experience showed me that it may indeed be possible to survive physical death. My mind was expanded. I was an agnostic but could never again ever think or say I was an atheist (which I had said from time to time before this experience).

         Post. All for tonight. We will continue tomorrow. – Amorella

         I really don’t know what I am getting myself into here but I cannot deny my memory on the above. No one has to believe me. I don’t care if a person does or doesn’t. Anyone who has felt such an experience, if sheorhe is honest, cannot deny it as at least a subjective human experience. Was the experience “reality”? How real are you?  I am real enough to feel I am mostly imagination, especially after that particular experience. - rho




No comments:

Post a Comment