29 January 2013

Notes - Solid Ground / a very, very good day


         0917 hours. As I got up this morning to prepare for our trip to Westerville to see Patti Pringle for the first time since Bob's memorial service, I was struck by the answer to my question yesterday about the Strand and the Shoreline. I was wondering that if we, material and spiritual beings, are in the flow then what is the Shoreline. I remembered. In the poem I wrote in tribute to my friend Robert, which he read before he died, I said, "solid ground". That's what's on the Shoreline in the story, solid ground. How wondrous, to me, to think such a thing on this morning. Robert is waving to me from Solid Ground, that's the way I see it.

         Ever the romantic, boy. Yet, such logic, in your particular circumstance, is reasonable to me. Have a good trip. Post. - Amorella


        After lunch. You and Carol had a wonderful time chatting with Patti about Bob, her family and grandchildren and your family and grandchildren and about Bob. You told her about the analogy and that it was as he waved from Solid Ground. You have shared memories. She gave you a bottle of ale that someone had recently bought, one that Bob loved, one pint of Moreland's [est. 1711] "Old Speckled Hen, English Fine Ale" [brewed and bottle in Edmunds Suffolk]. She also said that you could use any of Bob's poetry in your books, that Bob wanted that.

         After lunch we stopped by Mary Lou's to drop off some soup as she is unwell then dropped by Cathy and Tod's for a talk and family and each other. Good time, as always. Both are better from their bout with the flu.

         2211 hours. We took the 2003 Honda over for a diagnosis tomorrow; the problem may be a pump for the steering fluid. Home later, thus we had another Papa John's pizza and watched the news, "The Mentalist" and "Bones" from Sunday and Monday. Honda is also going to tell us how much our car is worth if we would trade it in. (There idea, not ours; but I took them up on it out of curiosity. Also, I am presently leaning against a hybrid and going for the Honda EX with the very economic four-cylinder engine. More new automobile studying to do. It was a very, very good day. 

         Post, orndorff. - Amorella


No comments:

Post a Comment