30 August 2013

Notes - intro to Pouch 21 / 557 more words completed in Pouch 21


         Late mid-morning. You are breathing a bit, but you just walked the shaded oval path below the earth dam from parking above around and back up the hill in twenty minutes, with one short rest stop. Carol is impressed, you are pleasantly surprised though you must have dropped a quart of perspiration in the process. You had a note from Lori B. saying the alien was part tongue in cheek; however she also added that this virus is considered non-living (yet it moves). It already spurred your imagination and I've got it locked up, boy, for use later. - Amorella

         1018 hours. Well, my reference to alien-like is all I needed, mostly because I had seen nothing like it before. Lori says the shape and movement of the virus reminds her of a Moon or Mars Lander and I agree. That's humor enough for an ironic smile or two in my book.  Here comes Carol.

         You are following routine. You both have your McD cold colas; this is the last weekend for all-sizes dollar drinks. Carol has a new novel but is presently reading the October Consumer Reports. Let's go to Pouch 21. - Amorella

         1126 hours. I have an introduction or rather, we have an introduction of 100 words.

         Drop it in. This gives you a visual sense -- double the words for each character. - Amorella

***
Diplomatic Pouch 21 ©2013,rho - intro

         It is Thursday, 14 June 2012. This day Blake, Pyl and Justin leave in an alien Ship for a flight across the Milky Way Galaxy to ThreePlanets with marsupial humanoids Friendly, Hartolite and Yermey. They may be away from home planet Earth for up to a year.

         Diplomatic Pouch began in a pressurized 1979 Cessna T210N Turbo Centurion returning from Detroit to Cleveland. Those on board, pilot Blake Williams, his sister and co-pilot, Pyl, and her husband Justin were discussing their recent experience at the Detroit Auto Show while flying across Lake Erie. That was six very short months ago. - 100 words

***

         1132 hours.  At an estimated average of 750 words per segment that would make this story about 15100 words long. Time to head home.

         Home, sitting in the comfortable large green leafed camouflage printed chair with feet propped up on the cushioned black stool, you are wondering what's for lunch. Why don't we begin with Pyl, then Justine followed by Blake. Pyl's hungry too. What to eat for my last meal on Earth, she thinks. - Amorella

         I appreciate the start, Amorella. Is it breakfast time?

         No, boy, it is time for a snack at dusk. The three have been busy all day. Ship, with Blackanot on, is hovering right above the house in Cleveland. There few personal belongings, one standard suitcases each have been stowed away. A couple of pieces of their individual favorite furniture and their own new beds and new office desks and chairs are also on board. They have three private rooms with their own human made toilets and baths/showers plus three adjoining sitting rooms for private or public company. All rooms are attached and private to the Earthlings. Ship is ever-present but within the walls, so to speak; only individual health and safety issues are monitored at all times. Post. - Amorella


         2128 hours. Egg salad sandwich for supper while we watch the news, "Motive" and "Covert Affair". Just thinking it would be nice to finish Pouch 21 in August, but I have my doubts. I got a note from a former student, Zach Moore, in Kim's class of 1997. He goes by Dr. Zach with a doctorate in pathobiology and molecular medicine. He lives with his wife and son in Texas but is home this weekend so we are having coffee uptown tomorrow morning. I'll have to ask him what he thinks about tiny alien viruses from Mars. I have no idea how to do about Pouch 21 Amorella. I am frozen of thought. Too much can be thought and from that who knows what travels to the hinterlands of the heartansoulanmind in such an adventure.

         Relax, boy. Take a break, then when you return we'll begin here. - Amorella

***
Body of Pouch 21 ©2013 rho - drafting

            Pyl Williams-Burroughs sat quietly in the kitchen with a glass of milk and a favorite last Jennifer cookie from the nearby On the Rise Bakery on Fairmount Boulevard in Cleveland Heights. It is nearly time to leave. Everything has been taken care of down home and here. Our friends and fellow colleagues believe we have taken leave for university research jobs near Sao Paulo, Brazil for the next year. Our houses are rented as of July 1.

            I am ready. I go with my husband and brother so I am not alone. I am quite compatible with Hartolite and Friendly so I have strong woman companions. I cannot imagine how this will be. We are studying the language and becoming saturated with the general culture. We have only to be ourselves and live honestly, something we three have attempted to do our entire lives. Strangely, if it were not for what I have witnessed with Ship I don't know if I would have the trust and feel the security that this can be pulled off and that we will all be the better for it. - 185 words

            Justin Wayne Burroughs sat on the toilet in the upstairs bathroom. The room was dark. He could see the reflective floor light from under the closed door. I cannot believe we are doing this. I cannot believe that we will witness the history of an alien human culture. We do not know everything about ourselves after all this time and I will see how a culture of three worlds grew from a few tribes to what it is, essentially a culture twenty thousand years ahead of our own. Yet, inwardly we are as the same species. This is beyond words.

            I love Pyl with all my heart. I do this with her, my partner for life. Blake is family. We are family. What adventures will we have? What will we experience? I cannot wait. Ship is the comfort. To think flying makes me nervous, but traveling with, I mean, in Ship solidifies my feelings. He makes me secure. I am so surprised that, even at this hour, I have no real fears; none that I have staying on this planet. - 180 words

            Blake Williams sat on an old oak chair in his basement workspace thinking how it was going to be. This will be the most interesting year of my life. I will get to work with Yermey, one of their greatest minds. I want to know his questions as well as earlier questions that now have answers. We have common threads. He speaks of the heartansoulanmind as if it is real. I wonder what are the most important values the people hold true? How did they learn to live together? Sometimes I think they are better than we are but it is not that. They have been around longer, that's all.

            I cannot imagine us being mistreated. Ship would never allow that. It is easier to trust machinery than it is people. Maybe that's the reason we love material things so much. Things can be made stable and secure. We love our machinery large and small. Ship is just an offshoot. I cannot wait to see what these people have at their disposal on their own planets. Hell, I am ready to leave this planet for good, with no good-byes and no regrets. 192 words

***

         You have most of this put together. We should complete Pouch 21 tomorrow. Post. - Amorella

No comments:

Post a Comment