31 January 2014

Notes - h-dreaming, the plausibility? / D's working thesis


         Mid-afternoon. You had a late lunch at Smashburgers (you both love the sweet potato smash fries sprayed with rosemary as well as your sandwiches) and are presently at Kroger’s on Tylersville picking up odds and ends. Again, this morning you didn’t feel well and became as Bob P. used to say, a slug. Before noon you forced yourself to do a half hour of exercises and felt better. Early afternoon your sugar was below 150, which was the mark Dr. B. okayed. Early after six this morning and before seven you spent time naturally ‘entranced’ and you fell into an hypnotic like environment where you were seated behind the steering wheel of a maroon 1948 two-door Ford sedan with a tan cloth interior (your parent’s first new car). You turned towards the back seat and ‘sensed’ a clothesbasket overfilled with letters of the alphabet. You were less than a year old and you heard a voice distinctly say, “My name is baby.” Also right outside the right back window you sensed Diplomat observing the inside of the car and taking notes, and she said, “This is where I begin.”

         1507 hours. Boy, I am glad you remembered that Amorella. I meant to write it down when I got up but the everyday world caught up with me and I forgot. I remember thinking that to make things fair I would become as one of the characters in my head so I could associate with them. I did have a ‘shock’ (lack of a better word) when I heard the voice because I immediately thought, ‘my name is baby but I am someone else too though I don’t know who that is yet so I will wait and see what comes of this situation, I’ll observe and see what happens.’

         Carol is taking the groceries in and getting her book for outside in the car reading time, the first in a few weeks. The temperature is about forty and it seems balmy. You have a sweatshirt on but no coat. You wonder about the above ‘h-dream’ experience because the experience was as being in a hypnotic trance as opposed to a regular or even a lucid dream. Let’s call these dream formats “h-dreams” for hypnotic-like dream, especially if Diplomat appears to be observing. – Amorella

         1541 hours. This is interesting. –

         You are over at Pine Hill Lakes Park just north of the dam and facing the winter scene of bare trees across the valley of one of the Muddy Creek branches. Carol is looking over The Postmistress and catching up.         

         1553 hours. What is interesting is that I was in the h-dream as was (I assume) Diplomat, but I have the present sense that I was in the dream twice, once as “Baby” and once as “Richard”. The family always said I was quiet and mostly observed what was going on rather than taking part. And, of course, not to belabor the point, but that I did not talk until I was three and my first words were a sentence, “I want a cookie.” No one in the family has ever disputed this. However, the h-dream is not accurate because I was born in 1942 and we did not buy the car until 1948 when I was six.

         You were the car in the sequence. – Amorella

         If so, who was making the observation?

         It appears that in your subjective reality, I was. – Amorella

         1601 hours. Were you?

         I observe your conscious and unconscious thoughts in order to create a story around them that is authentic as a story. – Amorella

         Then, I am always observed within.

         Not quite. Recognizing yourself as Baby and Nameless early on you are as two entities, one always being the observer. – Amorella

         But you are an active participant not an observer alone; you, as the creative creator so to speak, bring about the Merlyn books and blog. Could this have happened in real life?

         I’m not the one to ask, boy. – Amorella

         I’ll let Diplomat, if she was taking notes, set up her report of the h-dream. [I must admit this is very odd. I don’t remember having this sort of experience before.

         Something might come from it. This is an artistic-like subjective reality. Remember Diplomat got carried away after making her observation and began thinking about using images from the Internet to play with her observations and make it more real-like to the reader, i.e. dropping in an image of a 1948 Ford sedan for instance. – Amorella

         1614 hours. That’s true. She grew quite excited thinking of ways to spruce up her sense of ‘witness’ and how she might use this, but I dismissed her ideas almost immediately because I don’t think she can do that sort of thing and have it make sense (I mean it sounds like self-entertainment to me) [uh oh, this “self-entertainment” sounds ironic at the moment].

         You’ve set her free on her own blog. – Amorella

         Not to do whatever she wants; it has to relate to the Merlyn books . . . it has to be seen in context with the books.

         I agree. – Amorella

         Okay, Carol is taking a quick cat nap and I’m ready to stop. (1621)

         You are home and having been helping Carol make meatloaf, you cannot remember you helping Carol prepare any kind of food other than reheating in the twenty some years you have lived in this house. – Amorella

         1701 hours. It was rather fun but I don’t like to get my hands messy with squeezing meat and onions and eggs and ground bread crumbs out of a box. I did clean up the dishes though and ground the onions in a neat little mixer for such things. I think I did something else too but I don’t remember what it is. We use Grandma Cook and Grandma Schick’s private family recipe with secret ingredients added. Yum, yum good.

         1706 hours. I am thinking about having Ann’s husband read what I have written in the post today to see if it has any plausibility to it for the fiction.

         I thought having a (retired or not) psychologist read any of your notes was a freak-out for you. – Amorella

         I don’t much give a damn any more. I’m not crazy and am doing no harm here, just trying to create three good books for my grandsons to read later, and hopefully I have a few other readers along the way. Writing is a form of self-entertainment, what else can I say besides I need to have the works be plausible; that is, be plausible not sound plausible.

         Post. - Amorella

         You have set up a new working document for Diplomat. Now you must let her do the work. This is the reason you are drawing a blank on her thesis. – Amorella

         2109 hours. I would rather the post begin on 1 February than 31 January.

         That is not the problem. – Amorella

         2132 hours. This is what she has for tomorrow so far.

** **
The Slipper Project
1 February 2014
Diplomat Burroughs’ Research Blog:

The Thesis: “A More Complete Study on the Authorship of the self-published novels: Braided Dreams, Running Through and Merlyn’s Mind and their finalized reconstruction within Great Merlyn’s Ghost, Volumes One, Two and Three in twelve (approximately) 750 word selections to be published in Great Merlyn’s Ghost, Volume Three.

** **

         The authorship question sounds familiar. – Amorella.

         This is a bit too much. The only ‘authorship question’ of any note is on the true author of Shakespeare’s Works. This is hardly appropriate here unless she is being a bit satirical.

         Humor doesn’t hurt. Post. – Amorella

No comments:

Post a Comment