27 August 2014

Notes - lunch with Patti, 300 poems and Carol /

         Mid-morning. You took the boys to school and dropped off Kim’s car at Toyota for warranty repair. Presently you are sitting in the lot next to Panera North in Westerville basically at the corners of State and Maxwell waiting for Carol who is having her hair done with Mary Lou at Pro Choice. Yesterday after approving the final proof you noticed the table of contents was not correct when it was correct the first time. This was an irritation but presently you don’t care because though some chapter titles were wrong, when tapped they led to the right chapter. – Amorella

         1011 hours. This is fine with me. It is funny in a way because the last few chapters have the same title, “Happenstance” and basically that’s what the error is, happenstance. Nice little joke. It is too much trouble to tell BookBaby about it and it is just as well. GMG.One is on its own now.

         You are having a problem with the generations in Grandma Four. Let’s go with what you have at the cemetery in the chapter. – Amorella

         1020 hours. I knew I should have had all the generations on Reunion 10, but I don’t. I’ll see what I can do with the cemetery selection.

         2233 hours. I have worked up the genealogy on chapters 1 through 4 and part of 5 on and off all day. Tedious work but I want to make sure I have the genealogy correct from Criteria and Renaldo right up through the direct connections with both the husbands and wives Robert/Richard and Connie/Cyndi.
        
         This is a major point in the story – the twisting and turnings of the genetic lines royal and common and how there is ‘a seeming uncanny sublime and perhaps unorthodox order that makes its way to the surface from time to time through family connections finding themselves with family connections over the centuries. This is a supposition moving from hearsay to hypothesis as far as Merlyn’s dreams are concerned. The genealogical trail has to appear valid even if it is fiction.

         2304 hours. Carol and I had a good time at Max and Erma’s on Maxtown with Patti Pringle. She had run off 300 poems Bob had written and gave them to me. I am free to use any of them in my Merlyn books. I got Bob’s permission during his last week of life and Patti gives me her blessing to use what I will. I promised her I would use them only in the context that Bob wrote them, that is, the poem has to make sense within the Brother’s segment as the others do. The three of us meet as friends and in Bob’s memory. He will have been dead three years within a week. I miss him in my mind but not in my heart where a part of my old friend still resides. – rho

         Post, boy. - Amorella

No comments:

Post a Comment