26 January 2015

Notes - effects of meds / productive day

         Late morning. You completed your forty minutes of exercises and feel better for it. You also received the test results from your endocrinologist, Dr. B and the most important one is the A1C, which is 6.9. She thought it would be below 7 and it is. Dr. B. no doubt is more pleased with the result than you are because she put you on the right meds to make this happen. – Amorella

         1139 hours. I am happy to see this number also, but I am happier that the new meds appear to be working even though I was not always taking the proper dose of specialized insulin. The directions were not clear. I followed them to the letter but with each pen it said to take a .6 injection for 7 days. I was only supposed to do this with the first pen. I just picked up my first refill of six pens from Kroger’s yesterday and the directions show a 1.2 dose every evening. We’ll see how this has worked 23 April when I have the next testing – anyway, the fewer complications from diabetes the better. I also lost ten pounds, which is also good. Perhaps the larger dose will help me lose more. Strange, I feel like I am in better shape overall than I have been in several years. The shape is quite rotund though. Such is life with a great gathering of fat cells.

         You enjoy the experimentation with Victoza because you enjoy experimentation in general. - Amorella

** **
Victoza® (liraglutide [rDNA origin] injection) is an injectable prescription medicine that may improve blood sugar (glucose) in adults with type 2 diabetes when used along with diet and exercise.

Victoza® is not recommended as the first medication to treat diabetes. Victoza® has not been studied in patients with history of inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis). Victoza® is not a substitute for insulin and has not been studied in combination with prandial (mealtime) insulin. Victoza® is not for people with type 1 diabetes or people with diabetic ketoacidosis. It is not known if Victoza® is safe and effective in children. Victoza® is not recommended for use in children.
** **

         1159 hours. All this time I thought I was injecting a specialized insulin. This shows what I know. I no doubt misread the pen directions. I have no excuse for this; very embarrassing.

         Your notes are honest in any case. Later, dude. Post. - Amorella


         1209 hours. While reviewing the drug I discovered this online:
** **
FDA Approves Saxenda
Date of Approval: December 23, 2014

Saxenda contains liraglutide, the same active ingredient contained in the type 2 diabetes medicine Victoza.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Saxenda (liraglutide 3 mg), the first once-daily human glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) analogue for the treatment of obesity.

From - drugsDOTcom
** **

      Consider yourself fortunate, boy. Post. - Amorella

         Evening. You watched Sunday’s first “CSI” and Episode 4 of  “House of Cards” as well as NBC and ABC News. Then you completed Grandma 7 with more organization and are working on Chapter Eight. – Amorella

         2224 hours. Finally, I feel like I have these Grandma segments straightened out and am ready to move on. Overall, it has been a productive day research and writing wise.

         Post. - Amorella
           

No comments:

Post a Comment