30 June 2016

Notes - shyness / superfluous details



       Mid-morning. You noted this morning that actually you have ten hits on the first day of Dewdrop and one more on the next. Somewhere it was stated that you had four more hits on the second day and none since. This bothers you because earlier in the post you said you had four more hits. – Amorella

       0949 hours. As I realized I misstated the facts I wanted they clarified. Now they are and I feel better. Dewdrop is for me but I feel more comfortable putting it in a public platform. This is strange for an extremely shy person such as myself but that is the way it is.

       Post. - Amorella

       Mid-afternoon. You had Piada Street Italian for lunch and a Graeter’s for dessert. You both had salads and Carol had double chocolate chip and you peach ‘crème’. Presently you are waiting for Carol at Kroger’s on Mason-Montgomery Road. Much earlier today, when you were getting the paper a fawn scampered out from your yard and driveway, frolicking along the way for two houses up the street until she turned to the left and headed back into the woods and Muddy Creek from between the houses.   - Amorella

       1433 hours. Kay sent me a note this morning and a photo of Steve and myself. I asked her to send me the one that had her in the middle. Kay said she liked the fact that originally I used her and Ann as my inspiration for the twins in The Brothers segments. I’m still glad I revised them to be sisters in GMG. She liked the fact that I am including friends as partial inspirations for many of the characters and as listed in the Prefaces. We are bound outside of life, that’s how I see it.

       When your parents moved to Middleburg Heights, a southwest suburb of Cleveland in the summer of 1959 you choose not to stay and returned to live with your Grandparents Orndorff so you could graduate with your high school class, people you had been with since Kindergarten. Obviously, your heart lay with the Westerville High School Class of 1960. – Amorella

       1503 hours. Home. It is right up there with Otterbein Cemetery. If I had a childhood crossroad it would be at Walnut and Knox. I don’t know why I feel the attachment so deeply. Carol and I didn’t think twice about leaving Westerville and from age seven on I lived at 3128 Minerva Lake Road at the top of north side of the hill (in Minerva Park) up beyond the railroad track (which exists no more) off the 3C’s highway. I don’t think they call it the 3C’s anymore – probably it’s State Route 3. The three C’s were Cincinnati, Columbus and Cleveland, a one time major route paralleled with US. Route 42 runs through downtown Mason from Louisville, KY to Cleveland.

       You get carried away with superfluous details, boy. – Amorella

       1534 hours. That’s one reason I normally keep my mouth shut. People aren’t interested and it is not polite to be boring. I learned this at an early age, that and not to ask so many questions; also impolite; particularly questions that were none of my business. I remember one I asked [great] Uncle Clayton (Grandma Schick’s brother). I said, “Why do you have such big shoes?” I was probably four at the time. He always wore these big ‘clodhoppers’, that’s what we used to call them – farmers’ shoes. He lived up on the Freeman farm in/near Lewis Center. I think it was Mom who was upset or embarrassed not Grandma. I remember another early comment directed to me – “If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything.” Wow. I can’t believe I am remembering this stuff. Why doesn’t that kind of stuff go away?

       You don’t have much of a social filtering system young man. Post. - Amorella


No comments:

Post a Comment