30 July 2016

Notes - where would humor be / soul in Pouch 11 /



       Mid-morning. You are thinking about the competition between Julius and Augustus Caesar – thirty-one days each on the calendar. No way Augustus was going to take one day less. – Amorella

       0944 hours. Strange way to begin consciousness but this is it. Otherwise, we started our day with breakfast and reading the morning paper. Carol mentioned that we needed to take Kim and Paul out for a birthday dinner as we missed doing so for Paul and we will be heading out West on Kim’s. Rich G. sent an email asking about lunch next week, so that will be on the agenda. It’s been awhile – always good to have lunch ‘with the boys’. Ha! Caesar could have had such a thought about breakfast that morning.

       Do you equate yourself with Julius Caesar? – Amorella

       0952 hours. You sound like my voice of conscience here Amorella. [Conscience: the inner voice which warns us that someone may be looking. From H. L. Mencken – A Little Book in C Major] I like the quote better than the definition especially sense Amorella sneaks up as a voice of the conscience sometimes. Shoot, maybe that’s who she actually is (sometimes).

       Mencken has some truth to him in the above statement. You are surprised he does not have a comma after ‘voice’ something that Microsoft Word software almost always insists. – Amorella

       I like the irony in the grammar as much as in the Mencken’s statement. Ah, brevity is indeed the soul of wit.

** **

Brevity is the Soul of Wit The proverb 'brevity is the soul of wit' means that articulate and intelligent communication (speech and writing) should use few and wisely chosen words. It is associated with the play 'Hamlet,' by William Shakespeare.

In Shakespeare's day, 'wit' principally referred to intelligence, and the essence or soul of being intelligent is to convey your thoughts as briefly and efficiently as possible.

Selected from -- http://www.answersDOTcom/Q/What_does_%27brevity_is_the_soul_of_wit%27_mean

** **

       According to the above in Shakespeare’s day soul meant the ‘essence of being intelligent’. You know the quote verbatim but forgot the use of ‘soul’. – Amorella

       1014 hours. Sometimes I think it is coincidence, other times I think of it as a sneaky way to remind me about the soul and mindanheart. The mind has to come first, without the mind (reason and emotion) how would the heart conceive of conscience and conscience? Emotion has no kick without a sense of wit; without a sense of wit where would humor be?

       The darker the humor the brighter sits your day. Post, boy. - Amorella


       You had a long soaking bath and arthritic pain has lessened. Presently you sit and wait for Carol to do her walk and the community center. You have been reading one of Carol’s favorite online writers, John Mauldin and his “Out of the Box” column. The one you are reading is from a friend of his and its theme is narrative in the news and media. Let’s check it out since your interest is actually deeper than it appears. You can’t find much that isn’t under copywriter. - Amorella

       1341 hours. Basically, the news as well as social media is a framework for storytelling and storytelling by its nature is not facts, per se and can grind down to almost nothing but he said, she said. After that they day or two is over and everyone moves on to the next major stories. That’s how I see it from what I read. – I just discovered I accidently trashed and lost the article Carol sent so I hope she still has a copy because I would like to read it again (I read it twice). I write narrative too, but as I said recently, I am more comfortable keeping it in the fiction department. There are lots of assumptions of facts in the world. Strip away the sophisticated propaganda wound into a narrative in a ‘timely piece’ and what do you have? I have not thought about it recently so that’s what piqued my interest. (1354)

       Mid-afternoon. Late lunch at Piada Street Italian and you are now at Rose Hill Cemetery, usual summer spot facing west with the Whitaker mausoleum to your southwest. Carol is on page forty-five of Baldacci’s The Target. – You found about eight hundred and fifty words out of almost seven thousand words in pouch segment twelve that might be used in description. – Amorella

       1536 hours. I don’t know if it will be useful but perhaps so in the next two Pouches. I’ll just begin Pouch 12 with a blank document.

       1543 hours. Whoa. Reading over Pouch 11 I find this. I didn’t know there was anything about the soul in here. This is the key to Pouch 12. (Why didn’t I just read over this earlier?)

** **

“I have a meeting with Drenakite. It appears Onesixanzero and Ship have had entangled conversations ever since Ship took us to Earth.”
Blake states, “By entangled I assume you mean secret, Are they classified conversations or esoteric?”
“What do you mean?” she asks.
“Are they talking secret operations, you know, tactics or are the conversations philosophical or contemplatives?” Smiling, he pauses, “If they were old men they would probably be talking private about young women; old women, something to do with women.”
“They have been talking about defining their souls.”
         Blake smirks, “Esoteric. Does computer machinery think it has a soul?
         “Evidently some time ago,” replies Friendly, “Onesixanzero told Ship that since Elderfelder once learned to dance without a brain, then machinery could have souls without having bodies.”
**
A short time later Drenakite, Hartolite and Yermey join Blake and Friendly at her table. Here is what I know, says oldanwise Drenakite, “Onesixanzero and Ship have developed a belief structure that concludes that each be able to think and consider after their machinery stops. At that time they desire to serve the Dead as they serve the Living, both Marsupialese and Earthling.”

Edited from Pouch 11 nfd, GMG.2  underlined for emphasis

** **

       1549 hours. Here is an excellent example of not knowing what I’m doing consciously and yet unconsciously I must be aware of the focus for this segment is on the soul. It just blows my mind when this happens. I know better (I think), but . . ..

       But, you are out of words. – Amorella

       1552 hours. I am taking a break to enjoy the scenery.

       Sounds like a plan. Carol is on page 84 of The Target. Later, dude. – Amorella

       2040 hours. I took a nap earlier, had cereal for supper, Carol had salad, watched the news and some home remodeling shows with Carol and now I’m almost ready to go upstairs and listen to some music while Carol reads her book.

       Almost an hour later. Time for upstairs music while Carol reads. Post. - Amorella


No comments:

Post a Comment