28 September 2016

Notes - why is that, Amorella? / old me /



       Early afternoon. Following Carol’s wishes you have been researching extra security and syncing options for your iPhones, iPads, MacAir and the iMac for the last couple of days. You made your decision and now have to work through the details. – Amorella

       1321 hours. This takes extra focus on my part. New stuff. I just finished syncing iCloud to all the devices, which is a start. Carol even put a document in iCloud first thing. A year or two ago she wasn’t interested. Consumer Reports arrived yesterday and a lot of space is devoted to cyber security, Carol read it all. It seemed to take forever to research all the different software programs for viruses/password protections. I don’t mind learning new stuff though. We are off to lunch in a bit.

       Post. – Amorella

       1336 hours. I can’t see why any of this day to day stuff is important, Amorella

       It isn’t. However, it becomes important to you only when you write it down. That’s reason enough in my book. Post. – Amorella

       1339 hours. Why is that Amorella? Why do I have to write it down to create an importance?

       Later, dude. - Amorella

       Afternoon. You had a late lunch at Piada Street Italian, stopped at Walmart for an outside temperature gauge to hang on the front porch. Presently you are at Kroger’s on Mason-Montgomery Road before heading home. – Amorella

       1612 hours. So many temperature gauges – I wanted a simple one. Lowe’s did not have what I wanted – amazing. It has been raining since shortly after noon – good for the new grass, anything growing really. We both have jackets on for the first time since Spring (discounting Pike’s Peak).

       Earlier you were wondering why writing your thoughts down makes things more real. Here is why, though you may not agree. Since you were very young the alphabetic lettering has been a constant source of knowledge that you could rely on. Remember, individual letters and/or short combinations were your pretend friends up into grade school. One of your major enforcer’s was FDR as a person’s name and your grandfathers’ names, those that you gave them and were accepted by the family were ‘Popo’, an easy combination. Letters took on a reality all their own and became ‘alive’ sometimes for real, other times for imagination. – Amorella

       1623 hours. I know this Amorella. I also know I have outgrown my childhood mind. I know better. I can’t believe such events/situations would have any bearing on a 74 year-old man.

       When you were on your neighborhood walks to lose weight back in the eighties, the whole decade or more really, you would sing, “When you wish upon a star . . .” from Disney and be comforted by that. – Amorella

       1627 hours. I was optimistic then. I wanted aliens or angels to come help our troubled times. It was a wish for better times so that we might survive as a species. I thought maybe we might, but that it would take some kind of unearthly intervention to do this. We have survived this long. Heaven knows why, not me. The closest thing I have seen to our surviving is Musk’s vision to get a colony off this planet. First, of course, we have worked on surviving, at least without a nuclear war/terrorism so far. That’s something. I hope our species are diplomatically successful, and Musk’s cohorts are also successful. Threads of the old me still hang out in present day thoughts. Without hope for our species I am useless. – Now, if our species eventually created artificial intelligence with a true heartansoulanmind that would be fine. We would have accomplished something. The primates accomplished us through biology and evolution. What is the difference with primates evolving heartsansoulsanminds and machinery evolving heartsansoulsanminds? Self-consciousness is the first key. Group-consciousness is the second. That’s my thinking at the moment. (1640)

       You packed up the new thermostat from Amazon and are taking it down to 212 Calhoun Street near UC to be shipped (for free) back to Amazon. – Amorella


       1844 hours. It took a bit of time gathering the box, directions, batteries, etc. after following directions from Amazon on how to return an item. I didn’t know they had a shipping office downtown. I am curious as to how it is set up so for me it is worth the drive down and back. At less than a gallon of gas it is cheaper than sending via UPS at six dollars and something. I didn’t even know Amazon had return offices. I will take it back tomorrow or Friday. Joe will be here tomorrow morning to tear out the master bathroom vanity.

       Post. - Amorella

No comments:

Post a Comment