26 March 2018

Notes - Monday afternoon /


      Mid-afternoon. You are across the street from the west entrance to Olentangy Falls off Hyatts Road, about a mile north of Kim and Paul's. This is a new subdivision where the roads are in but nothing else. You are facing north at the end of one of the east/west streets. You had lunch at Panera on Rt. 23 then drove across East Powell Road bypassing Polaris shopping, turned left on Worthington the left on Africa, drove by the house. The cement in the garage and you assume the basement had been poured earlier and the crew was down working on another house; it appeared to be a basement foundation being poured. Next you drove north on Africa Road up to Cheshire Road, turned left, crossed the reservoir then turned left again heading south on the west side of the reservoir back to Lewis Center Road, turned right and headed back to Rt. 23 and up to Hyatts Road, turning left again until you turned left into the Olentangy Falls development. - Amorella

      1550 hours. We found a few places for reading in the shade along both sides of Alum Creek Reservoir. It is a small state park, but cool and close. Kim called and she and the boys talked telling us they are having a good time at the pool. They also sent a few pictures from the Lido Beach Resort. The Gulf waters are too cold except for young Brennan who doesn't seem to mind. Our realtor, Susie, called also and she will be over next Monday with a contract so by the following weekend after Easter our house will officially be up for sale. Carol is on page 177 of Patterson's The Postcard Killers. I miswrote and misspelled the title yesterday. Sorry.
       Are you sorry enough to change the error? - Amorella
       1607 hours. No.
       You are not good with final drafts are you? - Amorella
       1608 hours. No, I am not. We were watching the second episode of a new police/detective show titled "Instinct" on CBS last night and the main character was having trouble with his publisher. At the time I thought about my writing and realized I would be in worse shape with someone telling me how behind I was in my work. 'It is easier to write when you don't have to write for a living. I hate deadlines, although the humor here is that my 'deadline' is directed more personal-like.
       You could add a  -30-  to your side of the gravestone. - Amorella
       1614 hours. That's funny, Amorella. Few have ever heard of a -30- as an end-of-story signature these days. Besides, I was a teacher professionally, not a writer. No complaints, I would have been a miserable person if I had written for a living, even if I was good at it. I have always hated deadlines.
       This is true, but as a teacher you rarely missed one in those thirty-seven years. - Amorella
       1620 hours. I'm thinking back when Dr. Coulter wondered out loud if I was going to try to re-write the Bible; he thought I thought it was my calling at the time. We both laughed. Anyway, it reminds me of one of Bill Cosby's records (I think) during those days with Noah talking to God about building the ark. Ah, dark humor it was, and still is. Actually, I'd still be stuck in Genesis. I've never really got past the original-to-the-Jewish story of Adam, Eve and Satan though the story probably began eons before. I'll have to check it out when I'm online. If there was ever a human story that was concocted via the unconscious someplace along the line that would be one of them. (1634)

       Take a break, boy. Enjoy the quiet. Post when plausible to do so at Kim and Paul's. - Amorella

No comments:

Post a Comment