19 September 2009

Mid-September Stream


This is Amorella. The photo was taken two days ago at the sixty acre Pine Hill/Corwin Nixon Park in Mason, Ohio where Richard and his wife/partner, Carol, walk for up to an hour several days a week. Leaves floating north above the rocks, that’s the gist of it. This small stream becomes a tributary of Muddy Creek which continues north to the Little Miami River which runs south into the Ohio. Water on the rocks.


You can catch a glimpse of shoreline in the upper left corner of the photo. People have taken a liking to thinking about time as analogous to water flowing downstream, or in this case, upstream. Orndorff thinks time as it is lived day by day is a fiction, one of many basic fictions in the modern world.


Living day by day isn’t a fiction in itself but the clock is a human invention as is daylight saving time. People just up and decide they are going to move the clock forward and hour at a designated time and date then do it. It is no more real than solar time, which is at noon when the sun strikes noon, so to speak.



In Cincinnati we are on the western edge of the Eastern Time Zone. It is dark in Connecticut long before it is dark in western Ohio. No one seems to care that clock time is a fiction as long as it works to the benefit of the culture. Now, if only we could work economics like we work time.


I’m stopping orndorff here because he is set to lecture. No lecturing in this blog. He knows this but his passions get away from him. Polite people don’t lecture. Not in here. Orndorff gave me control over this blog because he isn’t up to it. What’s good for the goose is also good for the gander.


In here, to take your concepts and ideas with you when you die you have to walk humbly. Crawl is a better word. That’s the way it is in the Merlyn's Mind books, and that is the way it is here to keep things in context philosophically. Who are you going to preach or lecture to when you are dead? Fear of death will no longer exist.


Now, readers do not have to agree, but argument takes a common ground and this is it, rather, I, Amorella, am it. I work in an existential and quantum setting. This is for perspective. I am not a human being. Richard is the human being. He allows me to be something else again for purpose of encouraging independent and non-prejudicial thought so that some good might come out of it. I will be as the concept of time, a fiction put to good use. How’s that, orndorff?


I am continually surprised. I had not thought this.


You have not thought a lot of things.


Well, this is still experimental writing as far as I am concerned. It is true. I am sure there are lots of things to think, and since I am retired and have the time, why not? If it helps me to grow, if it may help others to grow as human beings that’s fine with me. I just don’t want to waste what time I have. No BS. I am tired of the BS in the world, my own and everyone else’s.


You have to keep your sense of humor, orndorff. It is a prerequisite, and as such BS is going to flow through once in a while.


Whatever.


No Utopias, orndorff.


I’ll go with this blog until I don’t.


Fair enough. – Amorella. 

No comments:

Post a Comment