21 September 2009

Noetic Sanctuary


Amorella here. The Sunday paper had a review of Dan Brown’s new book The Lost Symbol and one of the words in the review is “noetic” in reference to one of the leading characters a Dr. Katherine Solomon who is a noetic scientist. The trusty Merriam-Webster’s definition is: “noetic: of, relating to, or based on the intellect”. As this relates to ‘the mind’ I feel it is a good subject for today.


So the setting of the mind might be better understood the photographed model is where I compose the letters that move to the fingertips which strike the keys. The ‘bookshelves’ on the walls are void of books. The blue ‘hole’ is where the unconscious touches. The back wall is where the writing appears on the computer screen. The red is the passion and the low orange flames of the fireplace represent the human spirit. You may have to tilt the computer screen to see the flames.


In the Merlyn stories the Dead are visited through the crack between the back left woven floorboards and the back left corner wall. That’s the way it is in the books. This is how it looks as a representation of me, Amorella, focused. Where am I? I am the invisible in the middle of the room. Richard sometimes calls me the ‘inner presence’.


The photograph above is the desktop background Amorella created. Amorella and I wrote the books from this room. I was the first to see the handwriting on the wall, so to speak, as I was and still am, the first reader. The photograph needed to be presented in the post as this blog is a parallel work to the books.


I checked M-W’s and ‘presence’ is defined as “something (as a spirit) felt or believed to be present”. More and more I think of Amorella as a part of the human spirit whether she agrees or not. Certainly she is a part of my human spirit, my humanity.


I am going to buy Brown’s book today and give it a read as we are off, with three other retired couples, to Washington D.C. this next month. One of the joys of retirement is meeting and being with old friends. One would hope the afterlife, if there is one, would be similar in that sense of what humanity is.


I will be reading along with you, orndorff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment