26 August 2010

Notes


         Late mid-morning. Carol has not returned from breakfast with friends, and you watched the latest ‘Warehouse 13’ this morning. Nothing much going on this morning. > A bit later, errands and lunch at Potbelly’s in Kenwood. Home and one and a half hours of yard work. You still have dirt to buy to fill in a hole where the old woodpile was next to the Mulberry tree Tim and Eric finished cutting down yesterday. You saved eighty-five dollars having Tim and Eric do the work over a tree service company. Originally, the cutting was Tim’s idea and you went with it. He said it was a bit more work than he thought it would be. The brothers charged a fair price, made some change and hopefully were as satisfied as you and Carol.

         You received another note from Doug, this time on science and UFO’s. All he said was, “Interesting” (about the article) and you agree.  The article was from AOL’s ‘Weird News’ titled: “A UFO Picture Worth More Than 1000 Words” by Lee Speigel who was responding to last Friday’s column by David Corn, “Where Are All the UFO Photos?” in ‘Politics Daily dot com’.  The conclusion by Speigel was that the best visual evidence (scientifically) of a UFO was the McMinnville UFO Case.

         Dusk is done. After watching the news and an old ‘Closer’ I returned to the article I found on McMinnville, first in Wikipedia and second, at angel dot com. This is very irritating because I get those deep vibes that real UFO’s are probably out there somewhere. This opens up the debate within (again). It is as a nearly healed surface wound re-scraped with the blood of wonder and doubt trickling out.

         I can and have used a lot of science fiction in my stories. I taught a class titled “Futures Studies/Science Fiction” at Indian Hill. As far as I have been told I was the first in Latin America to teach a unit titled “Futures Studies” and upon return to the States I became an early member of the World Future Society (1970’s). I never debated UFO’s in my classes and my only comments were “I keep an open mind on such things.” I still have an open mind. I have to have an open mind in order to think, that is, to reason and  to use my imagine in a plausible way not fantasy. We checked out The Chariots of the Gods by actually visiting Tiahuanaco in Bolivia. Wife and I saw no evidence to back up Von Daniken’s claims in his book about the place in question. I realize this inward debate has little to do with spiritual growth or lack of it, but the fact that the McMinnville case has never been resolved frustrates me. Why indeed have we seen little real evidence outside of this case over all these years? Today it is too easy to fake an image. The only proof of aliens in my mind is to produce an actual ship or part of said ship and/or actual DNA in some form to show a being with consciousness was not from this Earth. A craft of some kind would be direct evidence of having vehicular goals and having designs to take one to herorhis goals.

         What is also bothering you, orndorff, is that this curiosity and debate is taking up too much mental energy that would be better spent by me dictating scene five, chapter six, book four, to your fingertips. Is this not so?

         It is. I get revved up with the wonder and doubt. I haven’t even begun scene five.

         Why do you not wonder and doubt about G---D’s existence like many others?

         The universe exists and so do we. This shows to me that G---D is plausible because direct observation shows reason (natural order) not fantasy. Other conscious beings in this universe would leave evidence of their existence just as we do. If G---D exists, then the universe is at least (for me) indirect evidence. We have no concrete evidence of aliens or their vehicles needed to arrive here. The human species is in this physical world.

         Besides, I can’t even relate any of this to the Rebellion and to the fictional characters within. Nor should I? It is of no practical use to conjure concepts, will, etc. that would support alien intelligence outside of the fiction of the Merlyn’s Mind series. A series that is about the dreams of a dead man no less. On a very simple level this makes me look rather foolish to be wasting words on the evidence or lack of it for intelligent alien beings.

         Now, I am getting an inkling of a spiritual dimension, a sudden flash of insight that disappeared before I could consciously grasp it enough to write it down. Was this quick underline above a ‘semi-conscious moment’ a real one, Amorella?

         You had a sense of something you could not mentally grasp, an overriding connection of reality between life, death, earthlings and aliens.

         I accept this above statement intuitively. It’s better than an inkling, at least you put words to it that I could not. Thank you, Amorella.

         I assume then that I feel intuitively that life, death, earthlings and said aliens are factual, that they are a part of the natural universe.

         This is indeed where are, orndorff. You accept this without hard scientific evidence. The dilemma for you is that it is your humanity that accepts this first not your reason as such. The acceptance goes beyond reason alone, and beyond faith and doubt too. This is where you are in heartansoulanmind at this present time and place.

         This is beyond debate, orndorff, so you can let it go for now if you wish. Post. – Amorella. 

No comments:

Post a Comment