27 August 2010

Notes on scene five concepts

        We were on our walk in the woods when I wondered about yesterday’s thoughts – that I can accept things as intuitively ‘factual’ as long as they are within the range of probability/possibility in my mind. Is this so?

         Most assuredly.

         Then the vibes I get once in a while on my first three books are mostly intuitively factual – that is, I can accept via heartansoulanmind that the books are non-fiction-like?

         This thinking resolves the conflict you have between a truth(s) and fiction.

         So, the animal part of my mind uses animal-survival thoughts even though reason plays a part in the ingenuity, cunning, and cleverness, so to speak, the reason Homer used through the hero Ulysses for instance.

         You are slipping away from a Freudian motif here to something more basic. Your characters survive by humanity where they can. That is, they use their heartsansoulsanminds for intuitive direction where they can and are satisfied with less that objectives facts when they are not presently observed.

         This adds a spiritual dimension to the existential elements. We live in an existential element but our minds can display an addition through a sixth sense of humanity.

         Post, then time for more errands. – Amorella.



        Over at the Tylersville Kroger’s, from there a Subway picnic over along the Little Miami. New Subway at the corner of SR 42 and Mason-Montgomery Road in old Mason.

         On another note, I suggest you do not use numbers in reference to human senses. It implies one sense is more important than another but this is not the case, at least not in the books. For the simplicity why not call it the Human sense, with Human capitalized to reinforce that Humanity is a capital. If you have capital crimes you might as well have a capital species, don’t you think? – Amorella.

         Ho, ho, Amorella; such good gallows humor here. Sort of scary humor in its own intimate sense.

         How’s that, boy? . . . Don’t delete.

         Uh, it means that I don’t want to mess with a Consciousness that uses humor like that in this two-dimensional circumstance. I’ll stand my ground here, Amorella, but the subtlety of the humor raises a sense of intuitive danger to my standing, like perhaps I should at least step back a foot or so as the message suggests to me that I am too close at hand, so to speak.

         You thought to add ‘alien’ to the capitalized Consciousness. Why?

         I don’t know. I didn’t mean ‘alien’ like LGM’s. I don’t know what I meant . . . perhaps non-human-like would be a better word choice than an alien consciousness that you sometimes seem to be, at least to me. You appear to have and use Human elements, perhaps you are a stronger form of Humanity and nothing more. Stronger is not a good word here either. One is either human or one is not. I find the thought of degrees of humanity somewhat misleading.

          You spent the afternoon looking for a comfortable chair for the bedroom, one you can doze in when you can’t sleep in bed during the night.
        
         I am better off with a chair of some sort when the bones hurt when I turn in bed. A chair keeps me ridged, no tossing or turning allowed. An hour or so almost every night when I am not taking arthritis pain pills. I am tired of ending up in a living room chair part of the night. I’ll find something eventually.

         Twenty-two hundred hours plus four. You are thinking about bed. Earlier you read the new Time and National Geographic. Joel Stein and King Tut were your favorites. Carol is in the living room with you looking over maps to Brutus, Michigan near Burt Lake where you are going with three other old friend couples for your third annual Fall outing. Key West, Washington D.C. and now Brutus. Your barber, Mary Ann, a Michigander, said today that they will talk Canadian so you are looking forward to the dialect.

         None of this relates to old Ezekiel. I am bone tired. It has been a hodgepodge day. Tomorrow morning I have to finish the yard work, filling in holes with four bags of dirt and raking eight bags of mulch; hopefully in the early morning before it gets warm.

         How would you measure humanity if not by degrees”

         Okay, let’s see. First I need a definition. > The dictionary does not help. > On Yahoo Answers I found a list of the ten best qualities for a good human being. The list was chosen three years ago by voters. Here they are: 1, loving; 2, patience; 3, listens; 4, caring; 5, humor; 6, peacefulness; 7, honesty; 8, humility; 9, joyful; and 10, faith in something they can believe in.

         I don’t see how you can put degrees to this. What separates number one from number five in terms of worth? What is passing on the ‘test’ of one’s humanity? I suppose you could rig up a test with a 1 to 10 for each, with ten being ‘nearly perfect’ and one being ‘nearly worthless’. Then you could add them each up with 100 being ‘nearly perfect’. Now would passing be sixty or seventy percent? Why? Why not? State and justify reasons for each response? Does this go before a committee? Three judges? Who? Do the judges have to have qualified by earning at least a 90 on the exam? Or should it be 96 percent on the earned qualities of humanity exam? Or, is it a simple Pass or Fail? Again, who are the judges? Who votes on one’s qualifications? Do friends count more than acquaintances? Any enemies on the list?

         Amorella, I have no idea how one measures one’s own humanity let alone someone else’s humanity. Degrees doesn’t do it for me. I suppose you could measure a lifetime of ‘good works’ but do they have to be accomplished or attempted? What works count more? Why? Why not? Define a ‘good work’. Assess it by degrees of accomplishment. Motivation for good work, does it count for or against? How much? Why? This can go on and on. It reminds me of the massive amount of BS floating in the world. Mine own as well. Our humanity fails us when we measure people, it works for building good bridges.

         People sometimes say, “Let God be the judge.”

         In the stories each person is herorhis own judge. Is this unreasonable?

         No, but the assumption is that the person will be honest. Some will naturally upgrade themselves, and other for no real reason will downgrade themselves. People are not always fair graders because they are too bias for or against themselves.

         How about people learning from their misjudgments then?

         I don’t pretend to know, Amorella.

         How is Ezekiel going to judge himself or who is going to judge him? Culturally he is going to expect some kind of initial judgment.

         Do what you will, Amorella. I have no idea. It has to be plausible, something that can be culturally acceptable. We could just leave it out. No, wait.  There was a scene in book three where an angel was carrying Diplomat and it was hinted that a terrible, infamous leader in the twentieth century somehow at least partially forgave himself. I don’t remember, but it was implied that he was with most everyone else in HeavenOrHellBothOrNeither. I think he said he would have been better off being an artist and forgotten the politics. Something to that effect. I think the point was that if you ended up in what you thought was going to be Heaven but found your worst enemy at your very table, well, a judgment was going to be made and after consideration, how you made the decision was your own judgment. I would have to go back and find it and reread it. Too much work. Besides, it is time for bed.

         Something to think about, orndorff. Post. – Amorella.


No comments:

Post a Comment