30 October 2010

Notes & more on scene ten








         Another former student, Gary Porter, recently sent you a link to “Wink of an Eye” a third season original Star Trek episode in which the crew confronts invisible ‘time-accelerated’ aliens. Captain Kirk and others have to be sped-up time-wise to match the aliens physical existence. And you see this as a good example of a dimensional warp and want to tap the concept into thought/entanglement one way or another.

         Brother. How embarrassing. Yesterday I wanted to ‘copyright’ the concept of thought/entanglement and today I find myself wanting to borrow from an earlier Star Trek concept. Alas, am I going to rue the day I began all this honesty in experimental (subconscious/unconscious) writing back in the 1980’s?

         You need to constantly acknowledge who you are, orndorff. This is not just for honesty’s sake. I cannot work unless your mind remains loose and free.

         This is sometimes a bit humiliating, Amorella.

         Too bad, boy. You want something enough, you pay the piper for it just like everyone else. Post for good measure. – Amorella. 







            Almost twenty-one hundred hours. A two hour nap in the afternoon, errands, then a stop at Graeter’s for oatmeal raisin cookies and on to McD’s for coffee and hot chocolate. Papa John’s (with coupon) large half works, half veggie, halved for dinner and the other half for lunch or supper tomorrow night with Trick or Treat tomorrow night as well as Masterpiece Theatre’s “Holmes” precisely twenty-four hours from now.

         You are wondering about scene ten. Here is your addition.

Scene Ten

         Early evening of the eighth day; supper at The Mikroikia. Salamon, Mario and Sophia walk into the local eatery for communal flavor, taste and conversation. Each has an agenda for discussion and once seated towards the public back wall and each with a cup of semi-sweet white wine at hand, Sophia begins with Athena lying as a gray shadow underneath the table. Strapped as a muddled though golden mouthpiece, a trumpet, is sheathed flat out at her starred waist looking a bit from the café’s floor as small ordered Orion’s belt. If one were of another culture she may appear as the smoothed arch-angelic figure, Michael. Not here though, not in Elysium. Truly, this slight shade under-tabled, is the highest of Betweeners below the Supervisor or so some culturally biased readers may think. A beam of light may be what it is, but prismed by pre-supposed human thought becomes conceptually a finely constrained and variegated word choice that ultimately appears less than heranhis actual reasoning would have it.

         Salamon is the first to speak. “We need to build the bridge as far onto the Styx as we can. It is a show of solidarity among us.”

         Sophia silently acknowledges him and glances to Mario.

         “I agree, Salamon, but we may have a problem with the older Dead. Takis already speaks with the other Dead, the Egyptian Dead, for instance, and those of other earth cultures also. I have witnessed this first hand. He knew we were building the bridge but did nothing to encourage us, or Mother either I would imagine.”

         “I assume Takis has his reasons,” responded Sophia quietly.

         “We assume all of our Dead are with us on this mission to return to Earth but there is more than one method, I am sure of it. The methods for the Rebellion are going to divide the ranks. No question that we are all equally dead. Our spiritual stuffing allows our consciousness in this air along the bank of the Styx.”

         “Dignity,” says Sophia quietly. “We must maintain our human dignity.”

         “That’s how we exist at all, isn’t it?” asked Salamon rhetorically.

         “I am sure Takis and Mother would agree,” noted Mario, “but even so there is going to be division.” He almost added, ‘among the troops.’

         The three sat silently at the table as if thought had melted from their minds. The predispositioned thoughts of Sophia, Mario and Salamon dripped from the heart of their spineless minds into the mouth of Athena for her further suckling.

         Division there will be, recognized the mighty Betweener goddess under table. Their methods will be the mark of division, not the goal. Nearly one hundred and eight more generations of Dead before this Rebellion will be resolved by a second.

***
         I cannot believe this. Just above: "Their methods will be the mark of division," I could not for the life of me remember the title of the fifth book, but it is written somewhere in the mass of notes. 


         It is not the title of the fifth book, it is the sixth. I found it in Chapter Four of the third book, Merlyn’s Mind. It is in the first selection, “The Brothers” and the twin brothers, Richard and Robert, in present time are talking. Here is the dialogue from book three:
***

“You have Braided Dreams, Running Through, and now Merlyn’s Mind by Richard. And three more in this series.” [says twin brother, Robert to Richard Graystone]

“Everyone knows my last name is Graystone, so why make a big deal out of it?”

“I suppose, but it seems a bit peculiar to me.” [says Robert]

“Why? I rather like it. Any reader will know Richard Graystone is the writer by definition. I state that I am. It is a fact.”

“You haven’t sold many books.” [says Robert]

“Do you think adding Graystone would sell more?”

Robert laughed. “You have a point. The books must sell themselves.”

“Or not. I could care less.”

“I know. It is just like you. I could care less? too.” Both laugh. Then Robert added, “You suggest that the Soki is a Betweener who will carry through in the next three books.”

“True. I do. [says Richard] I even have the titles: The Rebellion, The Roost, and The Mark.”

From: Merlyn’s Mind, Chapter Four, “The Brothers” segment.

***
        
         I was wrong the title is for book six, not five. Now the title has some sense to it. What can I say? This is the first it has made any sense as a title. I had no idea. Book five is titled The Roost. What an odd title. I have yet to see any connection, at least none I can remember. - rho

         This is another one of those points where your mind is boggled by these writings. You want to say “Amazing!” but realize it is overused. At least you did right, boy, by putting these last twenty years down in notes as well as novels. They are ‘facts’ as you see them and that is all that is important in these exercises because you wanted to write as if when dead, an Angel might say, “Who are you?” and you can stand straight and respond, “I wrote my heartansoulanmind out, go to Earth if you want to read it, or if you give me the memory of my once fingers I will recite it for you Here, every last word.”

         Sounds dramatic, Amorella, but once dead I don’t imagine I’ll have much memory. This is all words from my mind. Most everyone has words in their mind everyday and every night. I have nothing to do, so I write them down. I don’t expect to remember any of this. I cannot remember the first three books to much account let alone the notes. Once I have written anything down there is no reason to remember, that’s how I see it. – rho

         Post, boy. – Amorella.

         Again, it is embarrassing, but I am not sure why.

         Post, and let it go. More scenes and more books to go, boy. – Amorella.

No comments:

Post a Comment