26 December 2010

Notes -The Holiday


         A socially busy two days. Yesterday, iced rolls and bacon for breakfast, the opening of presents, babysitting in afternoon while Kim and Paul took in their second movie since Owen, delicious  dinner of ham, rice, peas, dressing, apricots, spinach salad and chocolate pudding pie and Grandma Schick’s famous toll house cookies sandwiching vanilla ice cream – most all holiday homemade.

         Kim went to bed nearly the same time as Owen, early. You and Carol have been discussing the possible futures of the media on the Internet, mainly as to who will control what. Your assumptions are that iTunes is only the beginning for Apple and other content formats – Google for example, and others will come about also. The new CNBC and Flipboard apps are examples as well as the BBC app no need for the NY Times or other like ‘old format’ news.

New Mac App Store from Apple in January, apps for those like myself with Snow Leopard, OS 10.6.5. Digital Radio apps are my favorite. I am presently listening to Classic FM on my iPad which was my favorite radio station when in London. I love it. Reminds me of the classical radio station Mother and I listened to daily when I was the ages of three through five growing up. I am regressing I suppose but I find the music wonderfully soothing. There is a world revolution in communication going on daily. I love it, and I hope it changes the world for the better in the process.

You forget what you were going to focus on before the discussion. Carol just informed you that you will probably be heading home tomorrow afternoon rather than Tuesday so Kim, Paul and Owen can have some time together.

You were surprised, in earlier conversations today, to find that although you were born 6 August 1942 you were not allowed to leave the hospital until you reached five pounds which did not happen until sometime in November. Aunt Ruthie, your mother’s sister, was thirteen when you were born and she said you looked the size of a squirrel while in the hospital and when you came home you spent the next three months in a basket at your Grandparent Schick’s at 104 East College in Westerville. You had never been told that before by Aunt Ruthie or anyone else – except your father said you looked like a small skinned rabbit when born.

That was so long ago, but obviously it was memorable to those who were conscious of it.  No wonder I may have remembered being in an incubator under hypnosis, I thought I was in one for a month not four. No wonder my brain ‘flickers’ sometimes. A real early childhood education in a glass box with tubes attached and outside real world 'otherworldly' eyes and gloved fingers holding and/or probing. Ha!

         You think this blog is too much on your self identity, but the focus is on perspective and points of view within the books. Post. Amorella.

No comments:

Post a Comment