24 December 2010

Notes - Morning Dream & First Interpretation

         After noon. Carol woke you up at twelve-forty. A long four hour nap.

         Quite surprised. It was a light, dream-like sleep. Lots of strange dreams along the way. The setting I remember was Uptown Westerville. I moved under the ground from the corner of West Park and Knox Streets (where Uncle Ernie and Aunt Patsy live) up to the back parking lot, within the back door of one of the central building facing the west side of State Street. I kept wondering where the tunnel was as it is about a two city block sidewalk distance. I took this 'tunnel' twice, the last time I walked around from the back of where the old Westerville Citizen’s Bank was situated onto West College and up to State Street. I kept wondering where Uncle Ernie was and why he didn’t tell me about this secret passage Uptown from their house. The two block distance took one step and it was confusing to me how this was possible. I did run into Uncle Ernie once, above ground, at the corner of West College and Grove Streets, right in front of Otterbein University’s Tower’s Hall, another building in the style of Emerson School on Vine Street.

         Here is my take, orndorff. The threads are the Ernsberger House near the corner of Park and Knox, the Underground non-tunnel to the back door of The Citizen’s Bank, West College at State, west to Otterbein campus’ Tower’s Hall and finally, the Emerson Junior High School architectural connection. – Amorella.

         The Underground non-tunnel reminded me of the tunnels of the Dead beneath the Otterbein College Cemetery which is connected by both Knox and Grove Streets. The ‘tunnels’ were how the Dead moved from one spot in the cemetery to another, to visit I suppose. This is a flash from being five and six and wondering about those tunnels I dreamed at the Grandparents Orndorff on the corner of Knox and West Walnut Streets, even in those days. It is like the dream is an expansion of the cemetery setting to old Uptown, that the Dead could move from the cemetery to old Uptown whenever they wished. I have had dreams like this before, back in the eighties, a reoccurring dream was that one of the Dead attached himself to my shoulders and as I took him for a walk from the cemetery to Uptown and back so he could see the modern Uptown. I felt him as I walked, like carrying an empty knapsack. Friendly and curious little guy. He jumped off once I returned the spirit to the cemetery. He took three or four separate rides during that decade. Always on in the cemetery and off on the return trip. The pick up station was the crossroad about thirty yards in front of the mausoleum. Wow. I haven’t thought about that in some time. So, maybe, in my dreams I think of Uptown Westerville as haunted.

         Or, rather, that you are haunted by Uptown Westerville. - Amorella.

         Why would that be? And, if so, it is a friendly haunting, a friendly connection. Just like the cemetery is a friendly haunting. In my mind the dreams are all ‘matter of fact,’ nothing frightening.

         You have been at this for about an hour. Time for lunch and socializing, orndorff. Post. – Amorella.


No comments:

Post a Comment