27 April 2012

Notes - Arthur's horse? / factual enough / something to consider

         Mid-morning. You both had breakfast and Carol is reading the paper. You are puzzled by the dream sequence you remember because you cannot remember the last time you had a dream of riding a horse, a black horse at that.

         That’s all I remember of it – the joy of riding a black horse fast through the night. Interesting in that I do not like horses so much and they don’t like me either. This has been an aversion since I hit Marjorie’s horse while driving along 3C’s south of Westerville after football practice my junior year of high school. Tommy Fletcher was with me. The car, my ’49 Ford, did not kill the horse, thank goodness, but Marjorie was hurt. What a mess I caused. I still think the horse she was riding shied out and I clipped her good, causing the horse to ride up the hood to the windshield. I lost my driver’s license for thirty days and had to pay a fine for ‘failure to yield to a horse’. I think horses don’t like me because of my weight. If one sees me coming the anxiety appears in its eyes. Anyway, I was enjoying the ride on the fast steed in last night’s dream.

         You suddenly had a vague recollection of finding a photo of a dark horse to be a symbol of King Arthur’s favorite. Why not use the dream of dead Arthur riding the memory of that horse? Dreams of the Dead and of the Living cannot be that much different. – Amorella

         Amazing. I think I posted the photo as I planned to use it but I don’t know when.

         You have not kept your blog up to date offline. Perhaps it is time to do so. Post. - Amorella


         You worked out your aerobics for forty minutes plus two but whose counting. Someone has herorhis mower running and it is supposed to rain tomorrow. Good day today, so perhaps you ought to get with it. – Amorella


         I am sure I posted a photo of Arthur’s horse in the book. While exercising I was thinking about whom Arthur would be dream-riding to see – of course, his not so true love, Guinevere. A powerful force love is, even in death. I had not thought about this. Two lovers, such as Heloise and Abelard – stuck through the devices of their own minds. One would think they would be reunited, forever in a happy contentment but Heloise still has family and so does Abelard, both still have their friends, many with mixed feelings as to what the ‘right’ thing to do is. At least I can see this in HeavenOrHellBothOrNeither. What complications. It is no wonder that Gloama is fed up and moving the Dead on at the conclusion of book three – a few at a time, to newer pastures, so to speak. In a way Gloama is reenacting the spiritual pattern of the old hierarchs and prophets. She has been called forth about the time of Merlyn’s death. It takes a while for this to make its way ‘intuitively known’ to the Living; even without ‘time’ consciousness moves forward. Interesting.

         Human beings make leaps; never mind the gaps. Enterprising species if you ask me. – Amorella

         If I climb the trees once in a while to look over the vast forest there are things to see even without eyes.

         That’s a factual enough human statement from my reading, orndorff; not nearly so arrogant as you think. Post. - Amorella


         Mid-afternoon. No mowing today but you and Carol did trim the three large interconnected bushes in the front to the southeast of the driveway.         

         I had to go to Ace and buy some serious limb cutters with 32 inch handles for the bottom branches of those bushes, trimming the top was harder because I was up the four of five steps trimming a foot or so off the top with an electric cutter trimmer with a six foot pole. It’s done though and we are in the hill shade at the far north of Pine Hill [Lakes] City Park. After this, a couple errands then Carol is making stuffed peppers for supper.

         You are a little more communicative this afternoon.

         That’s all I have to say; I thought the details ought to be filled in for clarity. What’s an existentialist to do if not fill in the details?

         What about the transcendentalist half of the existentialist you are?

         I think that is what the Merlyn books are about in that since no one knows for sure about matters transcendental could all be a necessary use of imagination as far as our humanity is concerned. I’ll (with your guidance on the keys to the fingers) make up my own transcendental matterless ‘space’. I want to say ‘important guidance’ but I don’t think there is a correct adjective to use here without giving a brown-nosing sort of tone to the sentence. It is ‘indispensable guidance’ and that’s a fact not BS.

         Yes, the guidance is indispensable and imperative in your particular case. – Amorella

         It is imperative for obtaining my goal of becoming content before I die.

         If you are content before you die, then what will you do after?

         Sleep endlessly. That sounds good presently. If the heartansoulanmind really do have to continue growing then let it be by some sort of laid back transcendental metamorphosis. That’s my superfluous thought for this afternoon, particularly before my nap.

         1606 hours. I just used Wikipedia Offline for the first time – searched “Merlin” and there it was. Then as Carol is presently reading The Affair by Lee Child I looked up the author – the Wiki article told about one of his books, Running Blind. This is just awesome. All this free material is only $10.00 for the app. Awesome. It is wonderful people volunteer to keep Wikipedia afloat. I hope the app people donate some of their deserved profits to the Wiki cause.

         Last stop, Kroger’s on Tylersville after Key Bank and Graeter’s. Tomorrow the Boy Scouts deliver your many bags of mulch so there will be more April work distributing it around the yard.

         Dusk. The robins nesting on the water spout next to the front porch are finished with their property thus Carol disposed of it and you put the outdoor chairs on the porch as they are on the deck. Now you are set for summer.

         Another decent day in which we accomplished what we set out to do in the yard and watched last night’s “The Mentalist” along with the national news. I am still pumped about having Wikipedia quickly (quicker than online) and readily available and ready for copy onto Word in my MacAir. It is also available in many other languages. 

         It is as a miracle to you as was the first Franklin Speller you ever bought.

         A perk with teaching in high schools is that I had wonderful libraries and librarians who would help me with my searches. There were always local branch libraries also, and the main library in downtown Cincinnati. In Columbus I used the main library as well as Ohio State and Otterbein libraries when needed. I need mostly references and they are all there online and some now offline. It is indeed a minor miracle to me. I am always a reader first and a writer second.

         Good of you to acknowledge this publically, young man. – Amorella

         I cannot imagine not being able to read and do my personal research and projects when dead. In the quiet I will miss that the most – I would rather not be conscious (without self awareness and memory) after death, particularly without my friends, without human companions. What would be the point? How can one grow without self-study, without observation of one’s own species growing?

         This is something to consider, boy; until tomorrow. Post. – Amorella


No comments:

Post a Comment