27 December 2012

Note from Aunt Ruthie


         Mid-morning. You are at the McDonalds at the corner of Weller and Montgomery Roads waiting for Carol who has the usual yearly one to two hour tests at Bethesda North Hospital. Yesterday you spent part of the time working on old photographs and talked to Aunt Ruthie. She and Aunt Patsy are the only ones left to identify older family members.

         I really need to get cracking on this. I found some more old photos but I have another two large boxes to go through and there may be more in the basement.

         Here is Aunt Ruthie's note:
Hi -

Grandma Schick (your Grandmother) was born around Cheshire. None of that is there anymore.  Give me a little time and I will get the information.  I know she was around old Africa Road, but not sure just where. - I'll get in touch with Glenna Gooding (Aunt Betty's daughter - my cousin who married Kenny Zarbaugh, retired coach at Otterbein) and find out the particulars. - Glenna still lives in Lewis Center and one of her daughters lives in Aunt Betty's old house on Lewis Center Road.  Glenna and Kenny built their house right next door  many years ago and they still live there. -  Tony and I went to their 60th wedding anniversary get together at their daughter's in Westerville (although Linda and Paul live in Delaware County) sometime in August.  It was small because Kenny has not been too well, but Dr. Bill and Sheila were there. - A nice family get together.

I'll be in touch. - We are leaving for Florida on Friday or Saturday depending on the weather, but I will have my laptop down there. -  We stopped in to see Cathy and Tod (at Karen's this year) on Christmas day and she did tell me just a little about Paul, but nothing other than he might end up in Marion.  Anyhow I'll get back to you shortly.

Hugs,

A. Ruthie

** **
         Time for an early bed. Busy day. Owen is still up showing Thomas the Train Engine on your iPad. Tomorrow you are to the Honda dealer to get Kim an oil change. Post. Amorella

         We had a good meal at Brennan's Colony for supper. Everyone is tired but Owen. Everybody. 

No comments:

Post a Comment