29 June 2013

Notes - I have no need of words of any kind. - Amorella


         Late dusk. The boys are in bed asleep at last. Quiet, and though you thought you were ready for bed you need to unwind. - Amorella

         2114 hours. The boys were very good but I did not come alive (pro-active) until after their naps and my own quiet time. Morning was cool and thus I was more arthritic. I took a pill late mid-morning realizing the stiffness plus wasn't going anywhere. I napped while the kids were at the park with Kim, Paul and Carol. Sluggishness had settled in the joints, pains slid away, out my toes I suppose. Everyone was ready for a Papa John home delivery of a large half veggie, half cheese. Owen and Brennan each ate a piece and a half of cheese pizza (discounting the crust) plus they had grapes and orange slices. Carol and I each had two pieces of veggie deluxe.

         I do not know how I survived parenthood. I am quite happy we had only Kim. Some sage along the way told me that one child is one thing but when you have two it takes the energy of having three. I believe it. When my sisters and I were young Dad would spend two hours in the bathroom after supper. He would just sit in there are read books and/or magazines -- mostly about guns, hunting and/or fishing, or Mickey Spillane styled mysteries. 

Here's a quote:

** **
"Nobody reads a mystery to get to the middle. They read it to get to the end. If it's a letdown, they won't buy any more. The first page sells that book. The last page sells your next book."
Mickey Spillane

From: Brainyquote.com
** **

         You have never had to write to put food on the table. - Amorella

         2134 hours. I am not a professional writer, Amorella. It is nice to have a few readers; I am satisfied. I would be depressed if no one at all read my books and/or blog, but I get a few hits, mostly one timers that are mostly accidental hits I suppose. I don't need the money and I would be terrified of fame in this day and age. I was considered a good teacher of English (a small miracle considering the miss-wiring in the head). I have had a wonderful career and life; there is no need, nor there is no wish for anything more. Self-publishing means I don't have to sell one book to sell another. I write them as you deliver them.

         You are reassured with the words above because they are the truth; they are who you are. - Amorella

         2147 hours. I have a different personal vision of success.

** **
success - noun

the accomplishment of an aim or purpose: the president had some success in restoring confidence.

• the attainment of popularity or profit: the success of his play.

• a person or thing that achieves desired aims or attains prosperity: I must make a success of my business.

• archaic the outcome of an undertaking, specified as achieving or failing to achieve its aims: the good or ill success of their maritime enterprises.

ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: from Latin

From: Oxford-American Mac Software
** **

         Success is completed the books to the best of my ability at the time they are written. These books are for my two grandsons to read when they are adults if they so wish. They are for my daughter and my son-in-law; they are for my friends and for readers who are interested. The notes are primarily for myself and for the interested reader to keep these books of fiction in context.

         You are out of words here because you are going deeper into the heart of the matter. You want no exploitation and manipulation of the books and/or the blog. - Amorella

         2201 hours. The words that come to mind are on the tomb in Stratford-on-Avon, England:

** **
"Good friend for Jesus sake forebare,
To digg the dust encloased heare;
Bleste be the man that spares thes stones,
And curst be he that moves my bones"

Curse engraved on Shakespeare's tomb at Holy Trinity Church, Stratford-on-Avon in 1616
** **
         Your intent here is to say that a curse be placed on anyone who would exploit these Merlyn books and blog for their own self-interest. --

         As it is I, Amorella, who is moved to give these words to you from your own heartansoulanmind; I have no need of words of any kind. Post. - Amorella

         I approve of your title for today's blog. - Amorella

         I back away slowly.

         As well you would, boy. - Amorella


No comments:

Post a Comment