29 July 2014

Notes - morning in the woods / work on book two / a notion / joy

         Mid-morning. Earlier you had breakfast, read the paper and then drove to the DMV and renewed your registration and license plate as well as renewing your driver’s license for another four years. You have sent BookBaby another note resigning to pay whatever to resubmit your manuscript. No anger, figuring you made the errors and will thus literally pay for it. – Amorella
         1012 hours. I suppose I need to take a self-anger management class but it is not going to happen. A night of rest is all it took. Right now I am out in the woods working. It is a pleasant cool and sunny morning with a few insects and birds making sounds now and then. I am facing south with a view down to the run that meanders down to Muddy Creek behind me.
Backyard Morning, 29 July 14
         Post, orndorff - Amorella


         Carol made stuffed peppers for lunch and they were excellent. Before lunch you put folded clothes away and put new sheets, etc on the bed as well as spent time cleaning up your documents on iCloud as well as on the computer. - Amorella
         1338 hours. I trashed most documents no longer needed and created a few new doc holders for GMG.Two. I also correctly set up an ebook doc for a final draft (based on BookBaby standards).  I have a working chapter 3 on the desktop ready to go. I am rather surprised BB has not sent me any reply; even an added bill would be okay.
         Maybe that is what they are doing, orndorff. Waiting until they are finished with the corrections and then they will charge you by the hour. Think that’s it, boy? – Amorella.
         1344 hours. Your tone is a bit sarcastic but there is probably some truth to it. I didn’t think about hourly charges, but basically that’s reasonable. Time to move on to chapter three – I have absolutely no idea what is going on in this chapter. I may take a quick nap first.
         Later, dude. – Amorella
         1520 hours. I am ready to begin chapter three, Dead. I glanced over the original text and it appears that The Brothers and Grandma’s Story need lots of work. I have forgotten how this is in the original. Pouch won’t work at all and there is no Dead.
         First, take time to read what you have already; start at the beginning of book two. Piecemeal and Family are the chapter words. Let’s go with ‘Leafing’ for the third. – Amorella
         1612 hours. This is better, beginning again, and I am making corrections along the way. I absorb the sentences and reflect on their clearer evolution. I am there with Merlyn and the Supervisor and I see things I did not observer earlier. In the process the fingers ‘tweak’ the letterforms, which are not unlike the simplified Merlyn himself -- this is much like a Neoclassical thought or a metaphysical conceit – perhaps that is what being human is to me (in here), an elaborate metaphor based on a notion. How can Merlyn evolve in his thought if I do not.
         Post. - Amorella

         You received word for BookBaby that GMG.One has been put on hold and that there will be no extra charge and that you may turn the revised copy in tomorrow. You have gone over the manuscript one more time, again finding errors, making corrections and some deletions to make a clearer more concise edition. Post. – Amorella
         2247 hours. It is beyond belief. It is as a miracle.
         Joy with a bit of hyperbole. - Amorella

No comments:

Post a Comment