25 March 2015

Notes - Our Town thought / Kenwood /

         Mid-morning. Thunderstorms during the night and you assumed the deck crew wouldn’t work today but the rain has stopped and they are working. Carol wants to get her walk in, grocery, and has friends to meet around noon and you will work your Kenwood trip around her schedule or go tomorrow. – Amorella

         0913 hours. I think I am mellowing. At one time I would have been frustrated not to do what I wanted to do at my own time. I don’t care that much. Life is not that busy. If people had three days off a week instead of two or one, most everyone would be more congenial I think. If you are busy all the time when do you just sit or stroll and appreciate everything you have. This is a trigger for my “Our Town” memories. Wow. That has been such a very important piece of literature to my personal philosophy over much of my lifetime. Last night I got a whim to see if Carol’s old iPhone would work on Bluetooth and with a little tweaking it does. So, around the house her phone is another radio. Now, if I can find a way to put Pandora on her phone – maybe through iCloud. Right now I have Tune In and Slacker Radio hooked up. – A bit later – I have the old iPhone connected to the speakers in the living room. Works fine – listening to Celtic on Tune In presently. That phone has just been sitting on the catchall table on rollers in the kitchen near the garage door for about a year now.

         Once Carol is ready off to the cemetery walk. Post. - Amorella

         1009 hours. Carol begins her walk. The deck crew has four boards down so far and it is awesome. We had no idea how nice this was going to look; the solid stain rails have just enough desert sand color contrast with various shades of brown in the wood grains of the boards. I can’t imagine painting over these boards but somewhere down the pike I’m sure someone will. Let them; we are quite pleased with our order as is.  

         Let’s take a look at Pouch Nine. – Amorella

** **

Diplomatic Pouch 9

         While half dressed and sitting on the edge of their king-sized bed Pyl thinks on Justin and how he is faring. I hope he and Blakey are enjoying his venture to the dig with Friendly. Both are middle-aged and so slow adapting, but then I am not much better. Here we are on a planet much like our own – blue sky, white fluffy clouds and a yellow sun – a place with Earth-like terrains – hills and valleys and mountains but with many large rivers and streams, fresh water lakes and larger and numerous saltwater lakes and seas. (1029) 96w

** **

         Late afternoon. The top deck floor is complete. You and Carol like the look and color choices. After Carol saw a couple of her friends who volunteer at Bethesda North Hospital you both had an excellent lunch at Longhorn’s – Jen was your usual server. Then you and Carol headed to Kenwood where you bought the Bose Wave III in charcoal with Bluetooth. It was about a hundred dollars more because of the color but it is the color Carol and you both prefer. The only good thing about it is that it is the same price on Amazon. – Amorella

         1727 hours. Most people would not pay the money but this is what I saved it for. Added expenses are what they are. We both marvel at the Bose sound, in relationship to the kinds and styles of music we both enjoy. The sound demonstrated was the awesome sound I expected – clean and crisp – no need to have extra dials or sliders to deal with it. To each their own. I know it comes out of my personal savings but this way it is like a Christmas present out of season for Carol. I feel very good about it.

         Later, my friend. Post. - Amorella


No comments:

Post a Comment