01 October 2015

Notes - meaning and purpose of books / tightrope walking


         Mid-afternoon. Jill K. who cleans your house is ill and did not come this morning. You two were all set to spend a couple hours or so out of the house but did not. Instead, you watched “Modern Family” and “The Mysteries of Laura”. Presently you are reading at the far north end of Pine Hill Lakes Park on this cloudy, cool and breezy Thursday afternoon. Carol is on page 419 of Baldacci’s The Escape. Since October is the beginning of a new document let’s begin with the conclusion of yesterday’s posting.  – Amorella

** **
        Why does the metaphysical event have to come first? – Amorella

         2201 hours. Okay, this ‘m-event’ takes place in ‘stuff’ without time and space. Let’s work backwards. How does the repercussion of the m-event make itself known in the ‘real’ fictional physical world in the book?

         You are not asking the right question. This is something you can mull over in your sleep, boy. Post. – Amorella

** **

         1601 hours. It didn’t take much ‘mulling over’ before last night’s sleep. In the fictional books the metaphysical event was the first, then the second Rebellion of the Dead. The reverberation into the physical world, as it were, is witnessed through the dreams of the dead Merlyn, a once seventh century Bard of Scotland. (1609)

         That took you a bit of time. – Amorella

         1610 hours. My mind was stumbling in the general and I felt the need to be more specific.

         The books intimate there is a time lap between what happens within the Community of the Dead and its effect on the Living. – Amorella

         1613 hours. There is a time lap, at least in the Merlyn’s Mind series. The Rebellion of the Dead began about the time Homer was writing the Iliad, somewhere between 760-710 BCE. Whereas, the first repercussions of the Rebellion of the Dead were felt with the Living as seen in the birth of the Socrates (470-399 BCE) and his Socratic Method as seen in the philosophies of Plato, Aristotle and other of that time frame. The repercussions are seen in changes in philosophical thinking. So the time frame from the births of Homer and Socrates is let’s say, rounded off, to 300 years. I chose Greece because my culture is based on Western Civilization. The dates are not arbitrary. If I had been born and raised Chinese I might have picked different philosophers and dates within my own Asian cultural history. I have stated this before. If my books had aroused controversy I’m sure something like this would have come up from someone some place else in the world. I consider myself a visitor on this planet. We all are from my perspective. The main point is that the Dead effect the Living which can be seen everyday in one’s cultural background. My point is that the Dead continue to effect the Living through the ‘setting’ of the individual and collective human spirit’ residing in all of us, i.e. my spiritual/philosophical existential-transcendental roots.

         Thus you have the background down for three hundred years. This then implies that it may be another three hundred years (in your fiction) before the thinker/philosophers respond with a theoretical new movement that will jolt the world into a truer ‘community of world cultures’ sans traditional aspects of political, social and economic power. – Amorella

         1644 hours. This is so, and to speed this up (for the book and reader) I jumped to the marsupial-humanoids to bring a sense of what human civilization might become in 300 years if it survived to mature socially, philosophically and economically. I don’t understand why I need to drop this in the blog. This was my obvious attempt to show a better more humane future but not a utopian future by any means. The reasoning for the suicide pill and its copy – so people could make a free choice whether to live in such a society or not. I have not had the time to think all of this out in an advance outline, at least not consciously. Obviously, the first books were not as refined as I hope these Great Merlyn’s Ghost books will be. I am a pragmatist who wants to show a better way to live within the confines of our human condition. This is not about capitalism, communism, barterism, tribalism, individualism or any other isms out there. I don’t have anything else to say on the subject presently. Damn it, Amorella, why do you pester me with these things? It is a waste of my time. – rho (1656)

         You are arrogant. Post when you have the inclination to do so. Later, my man. - Amorella

         Carol requested Papa John’s pizza for supper, something you had no problem with. You watched “Limitless” and NBC News. – Amorella

         2047 hours. Carol is doing research on her iMac, mostly about preventing heart problems since Mary Lou obviously had some. We have someone coming tomorrow morning to listen and to suggest on our master bathroom reconfigurations. We are both curious. We will no doubt have at least one other consultation with another before we make up our minds. It is good to get some ideas though. I’m tired but perhaps I’ll get a second wind before we hit the bed for sleep.

         You checked your email and are ready to call it a night. Post. - Amorella

         2115 hours. As I posted I remembered what I thought I should title this selection “meaning and purpose of books”. This is more for myself than anything else. Shoot, most everything in the blog is for myself (alone mostly). Otherwise, it is a window into what goes on in my head – mostly in the focus of the books, blog, and the personal (intimate really) philosophy behind both. A few may glean something from all this, and it probably won’t be anything I have already considered. I don’t care. I have my say ‘here and now’ most everyday. In a romantically poetic fashion used to say to my Muse: “I am the air.” This is to command myself to think like I like to image Merlyn thinking when entering a trance. “I am figurative invisible but capable (so far) of sustaining life. I am an existentialist and a transcendentalist; I am Here and Not Here both at once.” These are the words that open the door and put me in the dream that allows me to think, to consider, and to write my novels via Amorella. What else would a real shaman have that I don’t have at my fingertips? (Okay, I don’t know where that came from.)

         Let’s say, it is your heart tightrope walking your soul while your mind sits in the audience. Post. – Amorella

         2132 hours. Such an unexpected response, Amorella. I never know how to respond.


         Let your (humanity) spirit be what it may in the moment, orndorff. Now post. - Amorella

No comments:

Post a Comment