23 November 2015

Notes - memory

         2011 hours. This has been one of those days I have trouble remembering even now. After breakfast I spent time fixing the slider on one the drawers that broke again. I cleaned up and threw out old hardware and earphones mostly. I saved my small shortwave radio and paraphernalia that goes with it, a portable iPod with radio and a portable Sony disk music player also with an AM/FM radio and a couple of old AM/FM radios from the eighties because they still work. We had a late lunch at home and supper too. Carol worked on laundry this morning. We watched a couple shows and the news tonight – the day has pretty much rolled on by. Carol is upstairs packing. She has a hair appointment late morning; then we are off to Kim and Paul’s until Friday afternoon.

         You seem to have remembered the day well enough. – Amorella

         2021 hours. This is the way we live our lives. We are both tired. I did find Carol a good anniversary card. First one I saw is the best – very upbeat. On Wednesday we will have been married 48 years. That’s a long time, and not so long at the same time. We were married at the Aldersgate United Methodist Church, 1301 Collingwood Road, Alexandria, Virginia. It was the Saturday after Thanksgiving and on Monday morning Carol had classes at Otterbein and I had my Freshman and Junior English classes at Whitehall-Yearling High School in Whitehall, an eastern suburb just south of the international airport in Columbus – a very busy Thanksgiving break. We left for Alexandria where Carol’s parents lived late Wednesday afternoon and arrived around eleven as I remember it, maybe it was later or earlier, but we were there Wednesday night. Carol slept with her sister Mary Lou and I slept in a little room (a closet) with a single bed in the basement. Our honeymoon, as such, was in Hagerstown off I-70S. Sunday we drove on up to the Pennsylvania Turnpike and on I-70 to Columbus and home to Westerville, ten and half West College. We had a small one bedroom apartment (one of three) above what is now Graeter’s at the corner of State and College a good block from Towers Hall on campus. Such was the setting for our busy life together. If I knew what I know now would I do it all over again? Yes (no doubts whatsoever).

         And here you thought you had nothing to say. – Amorella

         2049 hours. I was wrong (but this is a memory to myself). 

         Post. - Amorella

No comments:

Post a Comment