22 November 2015

Notes - Norris' Haberdashery / chests-of-drawers

         1031 hours. This is a date I am unlikely to forget in my lifetime. I was working at Norris’ (men's hats, clothing and shoes) in Uptown Westerville the early afternoon the radio bulletin sounded. 

         You spent much of the day working on clearing out your drawers in two chests. The labor is for the most part completed except for one large cardboard box built for boots; this is essentially overflowing with wires and a decade or so of electronic gadgets, many of which are outdated or nearly so. – Amorella

         2227 hours. Tomorrow I will complete the task. Two drawers were broken and I fixed them so they would slide on the metal runners. I feel better that I have saved Carol and Kim a few hours work once I’m gone. How I could fill up a kitchen sized trash bag from stuff in seven drawers I’ll never know. I did find Paul’s family’s ancestry tree his mother made about two years ago. It was stuck at the back of a drawer, that is, jammed behind the drawer. Now, sometime before Christmas I have to haul all the outdated televisions and computers out of the house. I think there are six; some are a pretty good size.

         At least you and Carol don’t feel outdated yet. You didn’t mention the box of old photos you found also. Post. – Amorella

         2236 hours. Hey, in the 1980’s I had much thicker dark brown hair and a dark brown to black beard with a couple of small patches of red believe it or not. The red is from my Celtic ancestry no doubt. I still haven’t read  last week’s monthly’s, Harper’s and Popular Science

No comments:

Post a Comment