30 November 2015

Notes - Unknown nature / counterpoint

         Yesterday morning you awoke from a dream in which you were haunting people who ventured into Otterbein Cemetery. You thought the dream odd but quickly moved on to the affairs of the day, mainly getting up and reading the Sunday paper comics first. – Amorella

         0908 hours. It was a silly dream. The setting was similar to the dream of long ago 
when I worked as a gravedigger and when I left one day this little fellow ghost asked me if he could hop on and go Uptown and see about the area. When I left the cemetery at Walnut and Grove he was on board sitting on my shoulders as it were. I am trying to remember how it was that I sensed him on my shoulders sitting like a very curious little kid. He was as a ‘presence’. This had to be around the summer of 1964 or 65. I think the little fellow climbed on while I was in the grave, either that or shortly after at the road leading out of the cemetery. It might have been at or near the first grave I dug. I need to take a nap and then do my exercises. (0927) This took a long time to write – again, how odd, it seems to have been only a moment.

         Late morning. You had a leisurely bath listening to Pandora – sixties ballads and the likes of Simon and Garfunkel – through your forty minutes exercises as well. Carol was playing a game on her phone and presently you are listening to eighties – Traveling Wilburys and such. – Amorella

         1137 hours. I love the thoughtful lyrical poetry of both the sixties and eighties – not much I remember in the seventies. Muddy Waters comes to mind as well as Woody Guthrie from the forties on. What an influence those two had. Reminds me of my limited disk jockey days though WOBN at Otterbein would not allow such music in those days of 1961-62.

         You received a couple notes from Paul at Epcon Communities and spoke to Kim on the phone. The plans are very much too expensive in that you don’t want to pay that much for a small house, so for now, you are back to getting your house fixed up with a new bathroom, etc. Eventually, the next attempt at moving north you are looking for a one-floor house. You will use Kim and Paul’s realtor in any case. You had a late lunch at Panera/Chipotle and are presently at Kroger’s on Mason-Montgomery Road.

         1520 hours. The taxes in Westerville area are seven to eight thousand dollars a year. The taxes for us in Mason are thirty-five hundred a year. Quite a difference. The house we wanted (with extras) at 2,000 square feet was $390,000. That’s what, a dollar ninety-five cents per square foot.

         Dusk passed by earlier. You both have been sitting enjoying the lit Christmas tree. – Amorella

         1747 hours. I can’t help but think how each light is as a universe hanging from some spooky tree-like form with roots and branches at least as far as the books are concerned. I like the image because it still allows for an order, a structure of mind.

         Post. – Amorella

         1752 hours. This seems strange to post now.

         Carol is making dinner for herself; you have leftovers from lunch. Later, dude. - Amorella


         Bedtime. You watched “Madam Secretary” and NBC News. Carol went up to read and you watched the second episode of “The Man in the High Castle” on Amazon Prime. – Amorella

         2253 hours. This is a very powerfully put together story. Intense drama. Carol will not want to watch this because of the dark theme. She doesn’t even like the “Batman” films. I do not know the words to describe this film.

         Atrocities in counterpoint, let’s leave it at that for now. - Amorella

         2300 hours. Three words – wow. Right on, Amorella

         Post. - Amorella

No comments:

Post a Comment