01 March 2016

Notes - strange place



         2200 hours. The day moved by quickly. I received a good review from Dr. B this morning. She is putting me on a new drug to help sugar pass through my small intestines thus helps keep my A1c down. It was 6.9 on Saturday when I took the blood tests. She was not as concerned as I was. What really surprised her – as she grew curious how my readings were when I first went to her. My kidneys were stage 3 which she says was pretty serious and now they are stage 1. No one knows why, including myself, but she marveled at the stats. I thought I was stage 2 not 3 – last summer my kidney doctor was surprised I was stage 1, which I thought was fine but – well anyway, I guess I should be thankful I’m still here. I am, of course, but obviously this will change one day, after all I am an old man and no one gets out of here alive.

         You were going to write about this, but you did anyway. You were not going to write anything today. You wonder why you are here at all; and have wondered such since you were around four and five. Some things don’t change. – Amorella

         2211 hours. I told Dr. B today that the world is a strange place. She responded with a knowing smile and we moved on.

         Post. - Amorella

No comments:

Post a Comment