30 April 2016

Notes - new working file Marsupials and Us / admission



       Late mid-morning. The day is cloudy with light scattered rain and background thunder. Carol is downstairs with the morning paper or at her office iMac. You had your nap with Jadah sleeping on your chest; presently she is curled in a ball sleeping soundly under the bedroom window as you sit in the black lounger. Death is at one person’s door while birth is at another’s. – Amorella

       1025 hours. Wow. That last sentence woke up Jadah, or it appeared to; such is coincidence. Spooky thought.

       1635 hours. I completed the task of putting the thirty-two chapters into a working title document: Marsupial Humanoids and Us.

       Once you put your mind to it after lunch it didn’t take too long. You also dropped it into a Page doc that is in iCloud for safekeeping. It is eighty-six page and twenty-four thousand, eight hundred and ninety-six words long. This includes the chapter titles written by number into thirty-two chapters so far. This is Pouch segments from book one and through chapter eleven in book two.

       1643 hours. I thought I had another working title but I don’t remember what it is so I am going with MH&US for now.

       Here is a compromise for now. Complete the Pouch segments in book two, drop them into MH then decide whether to go on with it or go back and complete book two chapters before continuing. Post. – Amorella

       1648 hours. That’s a good idea Amorella – gives me more time to decide. At least with the last book there are only twelve chapters.

       Evening. You and Carol watched ABC and NBC News as well as this week’s “Bones”. Carol had watched two of her programs earlier today and you are thinking about watching last night’s “Grimm” before bed. – Amorella

       2116 hours. I tried to nap around suppertime. Carol made chili for supper, as always it is very, very good. I added hot sauce, chili powder and six unsalted soda crackers. Glad we have more for a few days. We did not go out today except to get the mail and observe the delivery of ten bags of dark mulch from the Boy Scouts. We have a good troop here, over the years there have been a string of Eagle Scouts; many of their community service works can be seen in the local parks. I don’t know if Owen and Brennan will be in a troop one day. Kim was is Brownies and Girl Scouts until high school. I liked scouting in my younger days. I think I quit when I was a freshman or sophomore in high school – never got to Eagle, but my dad did. I have to give him credit for that. He and mom were social people and had lots of friends in their day. I did not get along with them well. My younger sisters did. Mostly it was me, my stubbornness and arrogance. 


     Nice of you to admit such once in a while. - Amorella

No comments:

Post a Comment