17 April 2018

Notes - a short abrupt notice


       Mid-morning. You are at Joseph Toyota for a quick check up. -- All has been taken care of for the moment for fifty-two dollars labor. You are still looking for new tires. - Amorella

       2118 hours. Earlier in the afternoon I did buy new tires for the 2013 Avalon Hybrid: Continental 215/56/R17 Eco-Touring Plus (V) with 80,000 mile warranty from Discount Tires. The original Michelin's last 69,100 miles. Later today we received our house inspection results and have a few things to correct which we will do. We have a plan and will follow through as we want to be able to close on 10 May. We have a mover coming tomorrow and another Friday to give us estimates. Next Tuesday we have someone coming to install a radon prevention device, alas this is the most expensive fix up. Who knew we had radon leakage from the basement floor. Such is life. You do what you have to do and move on just like in every other aspect of life; you get'er done. 

       What is your favorite short poem by Tennyson, boy? - Amorella

       2135 hours. "Flower in the Crannied Wall"

** **
Flower in the crannied wall,
I pluck you out the crannies,
I hold you here, root and all, in my hand,
Little flower – but ‘if’ I could understand
What you are, root and all, and all in all,
I should know what God and man is.
 
Alfred, Lord Tennyson

** **

       2140 hours. My romantic sensibilities are uplifted by Tennyson's words. This is a poem for the soul to read and reflect on. The heart is too eager and the mind is too perplexed by such words strung together in a reasonable form.

       You are speaking of your own soul, heart and mind here? - Amorella

       2145 hours. I am. Your question; and my immediate notice came direct from the soul, the heart later, and the mind later still. 

       Post. - Amorella

       2147 hours. In a short abrupt notice you made my day, Amorella. Thank you for the kindness. I shall sleep better tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment