23 October 2009

The Capitol Building



Amorella here in the Botanical Garden. This is the last photo of the recent wet Washington tour with friends. Orndorff thinks I’m making too much of a photo shoot and these Virginia area pictures should be on Flicker instead. Also, not enough humor, he thinks as he considers himself a stogy old man waning philosophical.


No spiritual humor or otherwise in this photo, Amorella.

A national stage, and you see no humor.


In the photographic context of a stage I have to smile a bit amid the curtains of gallows humor. I have heard such stories of politics and bedfellows but I do not remember a one of them. In 1973, another couple, one of those on this recent trip, and spouse/partner and myself were treated to a special tour of the Capitol through a friend-of-her-family congressman. I believe our tour guide was a recently retired Keeper of the Congressional Keys.

What a visitation. This political retiree had one interesting story after another concerning either the building or the well known people who had wandered it. Most of the stories, as I remember, were filled with humor and irony.

I hadn’t thought about that tour until reading Brown’s recent book where the characters were down under the Capitol floor by the Crypt. Suddenly it hit me, ‘I’ve been there.’

Connections – that’s what the dreams in the books are about. That’s what dreams are most always about – conscious and unconscious connections. This has to do with curiosity, this is what books four, five and six are about in my head – connections with the first three books.

You might as well enjoy what you are eventually going to transcribe if you live long enough. – Amorella.


I wrote a handout for the “Meet the Author” talk Tuesday night.

Why don’t we include what is relevant.


Near the conclusion of the two-sided handout I mentioned both blogs for the public library audience:

**
Blog 1: “Life In A Body Human”      

This is an informational blog written as a daily journal, one month in length, with some of the characters within the books used to help explain the purpose of the three Merlyn novels. There is an old Jewish saying: “A dream uninterpreted is as a letter unopened.” These three novels are as such a letter unopened. They come from the unconscious, same place dreams come from, and as such the mystery is challenging the reader as to what Merlyn’s dead man’s dreams mean.


Blog 2: “Encounters In Mind”   

This journalistic focus is on the spiritual aspects of being human through the author's inner writer, Amorella. The blog’s purpose is to debate what is important to take with me when I die, that is if I have a heartansoulanmind that transcends physical death.  This blog parallels the thinking within the three books as Amorella is controlling the writing as she did in the books. The blog can be understood separately without reading the novels.

**
It is not up to me to interpret the novels, but I must admit I had not thought about interpreting them myself. This would be me leading the witness. The logic of Merlyn’s dreams, if any exists, would not stand.


You see, you do have a soul, orndorff. – Amorella.


I don’t see how this posting or any other shows I have a soul.


You need to remember William Blake – “Both read the Bible day and night, but thou read black where I read white.”

No comments:

Post a Comment