30 August 2010

Notes and beginning of scene 5, chapter 6

        Again, after noon and going on thirteen hundred hours. Spent the morning reading and in conversation with Carol about your upcoming trips to Cleveland and Burt Lake, Michigan. Errands still to do this afternoon; buying a new smaller and quiet room fan to take to Michigan and later to Florida for one. Look for new prescription sunglasses for another, for both of you as the sale ends tomorrow.

         Amorella, I meant to say, “the scene five cannot be done by me alone.”

         None of this could be done by you alone, orndorff. – Amorella.

         So true. I know this. If someone were to say, “orndorff, you are make all this up,” I would have to disagree. I know myself better than that. First, I wouldn’t waste my time on such a deception. Who would I be deceiving other than myself? Second, I do not have a conscious grasp of the wider perspectives seen in the books. I have no next chapters and no conclusions to any books until they come about. No plan other than to rely on you, Amorella, to steer me through the humor of the works.

         Confession time. That’s where we are in scene five. Let’s go to it.

Scene 5

Ezekiel felt a sensation in the back of his neck he did not have, and felt his head, he also did not have, move forward and down. L:ight, manifestation of courageous humility, appeared and stood in front and above Ezekiel, the L:ight took on an oddly discovered heaviness until was absorbed into a fully formed into a more youthful likeness of the once-prophet-to-be.

Later, Aristotle would seize on the concept of L:ight and conjure it into stone of the philosopher, a way to forward time through an object to evolve into its ultimate immortality, even as Mother Earth’s lead can be transmuted into her ultimate immortality gold. Aristotle secretly thought, in the science of our tangible Earth we have the mind and can envision Plato’s immortal Forms.

***
So, you have begun the scene while Carol is on an errand to the bank.

            I would not have thought any of this some thirty minutes ago. Thank you, Amorella. 



           Dusk. You are ready to watch The Closer at nine, a summer Monday ritual. Have you any thoughts as to the next paragraph in scene five?

         No. Actually, I was so happy the words flowed for the first two paragraphs. I thought that would be it for today. I am more than satisfied because it is a beginning. The Philosopher’s Stone was out of the blue as I was taking a break and eating an ice cream bar, but the concept was exciting because I used to talk about it in a couple of early lectures, one in logic, the other in the introduction to the historical background of Medieval British literature.

I wish I could remember some literary allusions to the Stone of the time period but I cannot. I thought there was at least one allusion to the Philosopher’s Stone or Aristotle’s Stone in the Prologue to The Canterbury Tales but having just read though it quickly I did not see a one.

It saddens you to have forgotten some aspects of British literature over the last seven years. You did not know as much as you would have liked but tried to make up for it with historical background. You understood enough to get by in a high school class, even an AP class, but you were no professor of literature, not even close. You did not care for that much scholarly detail. Fiction is about all you can hope to write, so relax and be thankful for that, orndorff.

Tomorrow Gilkey is here to re-measure for the new windows. Carol has a private luncheon with friends and Thursday she is in co-charge of the Blue Ash Retired Teachers’ luncheon. We will work some more on scene five tomorrow. – Amorella.

No comments:

Post a Comment