30 April 2012

Notes - the Dead gathering around / Arthur's fictional warhorse / I'm here, dude

         Mid-morning. The right side of your hip throbs from the fall and your right arm is sore as well. Carol’s not too happy you won’t take a pain pill but as they were five dollars a pill you will wait until something really hurts. Unlike you the weather is blue skies, sunny, and warming up to eighty degrees today according to the forecasters.

         It used to be that forecasters were shamans in tribes not on local and national television. Now, those were the old days.

         Would you like to go back and live in such times? I’m sure plenty of Dead from around the world will tell you what it was like, at least in my book the Dead are gathering around to tell you some stories of how it was. Care to listen? – Amorella

         This attitude is a bit unlike you, Amorella. I didn’t say, “those were the good old days”. Besides, it is rather bazaar of you to hand me an image of the Dead gathering around.

         You figure it out, boy. Post. - Amorella



        1246 hours. We have been working in the front yard, putting mulch where needed. I did find the information on the horse, it was in the 19 December 2011 post. Here is part gleaned at that time.

** **
         I found a modern Andalusian-Friesian Cross, a Warlander, is one of the closest modern breeds to a warhorse of the 7th century. Here is a Wiki-image of such a horse:




         I think this is a horse that both Arthur and Merlyn would favor for different reasons: Arthur for magnificent practicality, intelligence and vigor while Merlyn would appreciate his noble physical features, gait and poise. I can see both of them talking about such a once singular horse as a friend and I would talk about a classic Cord or Porsche.

** **

         Carol is about finished drying her hair and you need to get ready to go to lunch. Later, boy. Post. - Amorella


        1533 hours or as Amorella would say, “mid-afternoon”. We had lunch at Chipotle/Panera; to home, then to Pine Hill Park, are usual place. We have the bread but no birds await a treat. Carol wanted to know more about the quote: “Hannibal ad portas”. I checked on Wiki-Off and found the real quote was “Hannibal before the gates [of Rome]” not “Hannibal at the gates!” “Hannibal ante portas!” My explanation point as it is doubtful this would have been uttered in a quiet, calm voice. Carol has begun a new paperback, Blowback, by Brad Thor – that’s where the quote comes in. I love Wikipedia Offline. I’m sure it has shortcuts I have not used yet.

         In dismay you are backtracking and counting the first person singular and plural pronouns. – Amorella

         It is depressing to think I would use so many in so few words. It is no wonder your writing me in third person is more comforting. At least it takes “I and me” off the page.

         Detachment is not always a good thing, orndorff. – Amorella

         From my perspective, in context with notes, it is more polite and has a more ‘scholarly’ tone like a Master’s thesis.

         Are you hankering for an honorary doctorate for all your notes? Amorella

         No. Though I did have the fantasy once, ‘honorary doctorate of literature’. That was back in the 1990’s before I really didn’t know what I was doing. Lord, Amorella, -- it is embarrassing to think back then – I was going to write a great piece of literature and become rich and famous. I admit to it crossing my mind, but before long I realized that I was writing mostly for myself, an audience of one, and perhaps a few friends, those I shared my notes with for the three Merlyn series books. I gave them a copy of each book when self-published. I do not have the temperament or the imagination to be a professional novelist. I would have to write for a mass audience and if I were successful publishers would demand more – because, well, there would be money to be made. I would have to have an agent. I don’t like agents because I had a bad experience with one once; back in the late seventies. Fortunately or not, I don’t like money, which I am sure is much easier to say because I don’t need any. Every damn line in this paragraph has an ‘I’ in it. No more – done talking through myself for the day.

         You would rather forget that you exist.

         Yes. Life would be less complicated.

         For you, or for everyone else? – Amorella

         The comment (life – complicated) was a generalization, Amorella.  No more, please. I will continue on catching up the months, January, February, March and April – then I will place those in a single 2011-2012 file like the other two years so I can readily ‘search’ and ‘find’ what I need. If I had done this earlier I would have easily found Arthur’s fictional horse.

         After dusk, half a ham and cheese for supper. Tomorrow morning the doctor’s at ten. After that, if tonight’s rain has dried off you can finish the front yard mulching. You and Carol watched the latest episode of GCB and you wonder if you are the only ones laughing and being entertained by all that wonderful satire and good writing. - Amorella

         2115 hours. Time for bed – tired.

         Did you ever name the horse? Post. - Amorella

         If I did I can't find a record of it. He's a favorite, dark and fast so I will have to come up with a name setting with that tone, in Gaelic I imagine. 

         I'll let you know what's appropriate with a twitch near the bottom of your right eye. - Amorella

         It has been a decade or so since you communicated to me that way.

         Anytime you need a sincere quick response, I'll know. I'm here, dude. - Amorella

No comments:

Post a Comment