26 February 2015

Notes - setting of Dead 8 /

         Mid-morning. You and Carol have had breakfast and read the paper. You are ready to meet the dentist; Carol is readying this mid cloudy Thursday.

         0901 hours. Now that I am indeed ready I would just as soon have the cleaning complete. Every six months Carol has us in for a cleaning. I think once a year would be fine, but Carol has her comfort level on some matters and tooth cleaning is one of several. Dr. E is a very good dentist; we had his father before him and even stopped in once to see his grandfather’s practice. We have always been fortunate with dentists.

         You had an excellent lunch at Longhorn’s. Carol had her generous sized chicken salad and you had a six-ounce sirloin with onion, mushrooms and a baked potato. Carol is using the treadmill and you skipped exercise for the day. - Amorella

         1521 hours. I may take a short nap, although I had a short nap before lunch.

         You slept awhile.

         1635 hours. About an hour I imagine. I feel better.

         Another snack supper and “Person of Interest”, “Suits” and NBC News with fast forward commercials of course. Carol is defrosting a frozen Jennifer cookie from On the Rise in Cleveland Heights, a real treat in your house. Tomorrow morning someone is coming to check your home humidifier; seems it is using too much water. – Amorella

         1940 hours. The water bill, which came today, is up eighteen dollars from last year. Carol checked and water was puddled on the floor under the humidifier, not a good sign. It was checked out in November when the furnace was inspected. So, we’ll see tomorrow. I am going to narrow down the Elderfelder story for PouchMaster’s telling.

         Carol is sitting in the living room with you reading a magazine – you both finished your cookies. – Amorella

         2012 hours. I have been attempting to shorten the Elderfelder story but find myself researching the entrance of Glevema’s House instead, like I need to begin the story first.

         Orndorff, you have the entrance pictured right in front of you on your desktop. Use it. – Amorella


Desktop Photo of House in Pompeii
        
        
         Let’s give it a start. – Amorella
** **
Book Two, Pouch Eight – draft one

         Merlyn glances at the classically formed twin columns on each side of the wide closed roof of the atrium; the open roof and garden visibly lies beyond. The beautifully constructed painted art on the left walls and the open rooms one after the other are on the right. Where we will be directed to go, thinks Merlyn. No one is about. I was told to wait on the porch. I expect to be greeted. He turns to face the cobbled street and sees Mother Glevema walking towards him with the spirit of the woman titled PouchMaster by her species. Each is dressed in a classical Greek pant and shirt of thin linen – Glevema’s a light green and PouchMaster’s, a light blue. Upon a closer view Merlyn could easily discern the fully feminine spirit body each choose of the occasion.

         Late thirties or early forties, considers Merlyn with a slight smile, and I am appearing a shaggy white haired and fully bearded wild man of the forest dressed in long flowing white wool tunic; a druid through and through. I am as I was the year before I died – dressed for the expectation of others in those times. It is too late to change. – 200 plus words

** **

         2104 hours. This is not so bad for beginning with nothing in my head.

         You needed something real to visualize from boy. Post. – Amorella

         2106 hours. I will not forget standing on the spot and taking this photograph at Pompeii. I felt right at home walking up to the entrance and placing my hands and camera between the gate bars, as this house was not open to the public. I would not have wanted it open to the public either. It is so fully a Greek house in my imaginary mind – a storybook perfect place for Glevema, PouchMaster and Merlyn to meet.

         As it is, you were the haunter, boy, since it was you frequenting the place at the time. - Amorella


No comments:

Post a Comment