31 March 2018

Notes - to my own conclusions


       Mid-evening. Carol and Kim are in talking in the guest room. The closets are unbelievable organized. The bedrooms are organized. The entrance hall, living room, dining room, kitchen, office and family room are ready for the photoshoot on Tuesday at noon. - Amorella
       2120 hours. Monday morning the sealer of basement cracks (less than one/eighth of an inch) will be here and at one we have our official sell contract signing with Susie. Tomorrow Kim and I head north, have lunch nearby their abode, then I leave for home. While at a Chicago national anesthesia conference he bought me a new 'Tens' machine, a professional model which I am excited to try before coming home. I offered to pay him for it but he said it was a present, and then added that he might want to borrow it from time to time (as he was impressed on how well it worked with a demonstration model). Both he and Kim worked all morning on getting us ready for 'showing time'. Kim thinks that when it goes on the   market Wednesday we will have several perspective buyers before Sunday. I find that hard to believe. Our first house went on the market in Fall, 1990. We had three people look at it in six weeks and one of the three eventually bought it for about $93,000. We paid $32,000 for it in 1975 but we added on half of the size of the original house for about $20,000 in the early eighties. We have been making continual upgrades to this house for at least the last ten years knowing we would eventually bring it up for sale, big items too, such as a new roof, new furnace and new appliances and kitchen cabinets and granite countertops. So, here we go again. I'm both apprehensive and excited about the prospects, I think we both are. The house is no longer a real home because are living habit are being quickly eroded away by daughter's present 'sell the house' discipline. I'm rather proud of her 'take charge' attitude. We need it. We will be better off living close by Kim and Paul. Our next birthdays I'll be 76 and Carol 72. Add another five to ten years -- and that speaks for itself. Overall, we have had a very good life, pretty much a simple life, a Quaker life in the mind. At least that is how I feel. (2203)
       You surprised yourself with 'a Quaker life in the mind' phrase. One you have never used before by the way. Check online, like you are thinking, and see what a Quaker life embodies. - Amorella
       2217 hours. Curiously, I see living a Quaker life as living simply, respecting G-D, respecting the environment,  respecting humanity within personal and communal life, and doing good personal and communal works to further raise the general human condition (health, welfare and education world-wide). I could not find anything on line that meets my simple criteria above. Besides, I consider myself a Unitarian Universalist and a Transcendentalist as well as a Quaker within heartansoulanmind.
       Quaker, Transcendentalist and Unitarian Universalist are nouns. The problem is that you do not consider human beings as nouns. That's the root of your spiritual dilemma here. - Amorella
       2233 hours. You are as a miracle at this moment. You get right to the crux of my reasoning. What a simple resolve for an honest answer from within. Human beings are not nouns in the strictest spiritual sense. I come to my own conclusions and with this I can presently let the concept go.

       Post. - Amorella

No comments:

Post a Comment